Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Ford Fusion

bbowser

I dont know if there will be a resin body made of any of the 2013 cars, dont get me wrong I would be very happy if someone did make one, but every since Revell pulled out of NASCAR models, and with AMT's toy like COT kits, the after market world for current NASCAR stuff as slowed down.

I will say that I am more excited about 2013 then I am about this year, cant wait to see the new cars on the track in all there paint schemes, man its going to be exciting

Edited by martinfan5

I dont know if there will be a resin body made of any of the 2013 cars, dont get me wrong I would be very happy if someone did make one, but every since Revell pulled out of NASCAR models, and with AMT's toy like COT kits, the after market world for current NASCAR stuff as slowed down.

I will say that I am more excited about 2013 then I am about this year, cant wait to see the new cars on the track in all there paint schemes, man its going to be exciting

I would think it would be fairly easy for AMT to tool just a new body to fit the existing COT chassis. You're right the aftermarket has slowed but there are still folks out there like Dave Van doing decals.

I would think it would be fairly easy for AMT to tool just a new body to fit the existing COT chassis. You're right the aftermarket has slowed but there are still folks out there like Dave Van doing decals.

You are right, there are a lot of people doing NASCAR stuff, but it has slowed down and its mostly just decals now, where as during the time when Revell was making kits, you had a lot of other stuff being made as well. And you are right that AMT could retool the body, but if they are going to do that, then they might as well retool the whole kit and make it more of a kit then a toy. Someone said that AMT is testing the waters again to see if NASCAR ktis are going to sell .

Is it just me or do the new Fords look an awful lot like Aston Martins.

Nope Chuck, it does have the Aston grill, remember Ford has a small part in Aston Martin, to be honest , I see a little of a Aston DB ( insert number here) , what ever the newest Aston DB is, cant think of it at the moment

Not anymore- Ford sold Aston Martin in 2007. Looks like they might have kept a few of the people from the styling department, though. B)

I do wonder if the new Fusion nose styling will lead to a lawsuit from A-M....it does seem awfully similar. Though no one is likely to confuse a fwd family/rental sedan for a six-figure sports coupe..

Edited by Rob Hall