Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Charger F.E.D. update

I had so many people ask me if the steering wheel was going to turn when you move the wheels I figured I might actually see if I could, here is what I came up with, started with an aluminum block drilled a couple holes turned a couple pieces and found some small gears out of a watch, seems to work!

http://public.fotki....er-update-stee/IMG_0542-th.jpgIMG_0544-th.jpgIMG_0550-th.jpgIMG_0542-vi.jpgIMG_0544-vi.jpgIMG_0548-vi.jpgI added the tape so I could see if it was turning or not, LOL

Edited by vintagedragfan

Hes not fooling me.......He's got a team of miniture fabricators working for him a tiny little shop in his basement and as long as he keeps their secrete they build him whatever he wants :unsure::huh: LOL! Keep up the outstanding work Bill this is truely a treat!

lol now thats funny stuff Romell! thought we agreed we werent gonna let anyone know about that! thanks for the compliment!

Hes not fooling me.......He's got a team of miniture fabricators working for him a tiny little shop in his basement and as long as he keeps their secrete they build him whatever he wants :unsure::huh: LOL! Keep up the outstanding work Bill this is truely a treat!

I think he's got a few of them Oompaloompas workin' for him in secret!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bill.... this build is flat out beautiful. Those headers look awesome.. I can't wait to see more of this build. Is your front radius rods made from tubing or from rod. I see it looks like you crimped the ends flat where the bolts go thru. Keep up the great work

Edited by Mooneyzs

Bill.... this build is flat out beautiful. Those headers look awesome.. I can't wait to see more of this build. Is your front radius rods made from tubing or from rod. I see it looks like you crimped the ends flat where the bolts go thru. Keep up the great work

thanks Chris, the radius rods are tubing and you are correct, just crimped the end, nothin fancy