Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Charger F.E.D. update

I can't believe I havent seen this kit before, after all the snooping I have done on the net, sometimes starting with an original kit makes it a lil more special to me, thanks for the info Terry! I see we are practically neighbors

We met in Columbia last year. I was the one talking to you about the Fiat.

59.jpg

found a video---don't know how to load it but if you google 1971 Supernationals, and load the part 2 with Dick Landy, go to 3:20 seconds and then to 5:30 seconds you will get to see the car at the first race with the full nose, polished blower,valve covers and chrome headers---However, it was actually 1970!!!!

found a video---don't know how to load it but if you google 1971 Supernationals, and load the part 2 with Dick Landy, go to 3:20 seconds and then to 5:30 seconds you will get to see the car at the first race with the full nose, polished blower,valve covers and chrome headers---However, it was actually 1970!!!!

that is fantastic Jerry, that's the first time I have ever seen the car moving, very cool! looks like you guys took the money home

Craftsmanship Bill, just pure perfect craftsmanship, love this post.

thanks so much David , I have seen your stuff, very nice builds! Edited by vintagedragfan

Yep Bill, took there money---Ontario was an inaugural event as the track was new that year, and the purse was only $3000.00 to win!!!!!!!!

We also got best appearing car-------------------------

It was an Invitational race for 16 west coast and 16 east coast cars-----------------

We weren't invited?????????????????????????

Sounds like story about crashing a White House party????????????

laughing here....Keeling and Clayton go to someone else's Prom.....danced with all their ladies, drank all their beer, then take the prettiest ones home....."what part of not invited don't you get".....love it....and thanks for the heads-up on the video

Yep Bill, took there money---Ontario was an inaugural event as the track was new that year, and the purse was only $3000.00 to win!!!!!!!!

We also got best appearing car-------------------------

It was an Invitational race for 16 west coast and 16 east coast cars-----------------

We weren't invited?????????????????????????

Sounds like story about crashing a White House party????????????

laughing here....Keeling and Clayton go to someone else's Prom.....danced with all their ladies, drank all their beer, then take the prettiest ones home....."what part of not invited don't you get".....love it....and thanks for the heads-up on the video

laughing here too.. thats a great story! thanks for sharing it Jerry! feel free to tell us any stories that you would like to share, thats good stuff!!

Craftsmanship Bill, just pure perfect craftsmanship, love this post.

Sorry Bill, I could think of nothing better to say but echo Dave's thoughts. B)

A pure joy to watch such craftsmanship evolve into a thing of beauty. Nuff said. Great work.

Sorry Bill, I could think of nothing better to say but echo Dave's thoughts. B)

A pure joy to watch such craftsmanship evolve into a thing of beauty. Nuff said. Great work.

really do appreciate all of the encouraging comments, trying to get the fuel lines from the cell done now, should have some pics up soon

well its not much of an update , but I did get the fuel lines pretty much done and mocked up, need to start on the throttle and clutch pedals, and the brake lever, thanks for lookin!IMG_0617-vi.jpgIMG_0618-vi.jpgIMG_0619-vi.jpg Jerry did tell me to leave the headers the way they are, said the real car didn't have any blueing at all, so there you have it

Edited by vintagedragfan

Bill ..... Beautiful work man. This think is looking killer. Hey is your cogg belt from Mcmaster carr?? Keep up the great work on this.

hey Chris, thanks bro, a friend gave me the belt, ita a replacement belt for the little chop saw, it is too thick and stiff really, I had a hard time with it, not real happy with the way it came out, don't know if I should address it or leave it, it was too wide to begin with had to narrow it a bit

I may have just found my new wallpaper.

Great work Bill. If there was asphalt in the first picture, you'd swear it was real. :o

yea Alyn I was tryin to get a good pic of some asphalt, and someone put that ugly long blue thing in the way,LOL I usually sit on that asphalt while I work on the car, oh! and I do eccept checks and money orders for wallpaper, hehe thanks buddy