Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Charger F.E.D. update

I have been called wild Bill many times in my younger days Rom, lol thanks alot bro!

John, I appreciate you lookin in on it, thanks so much!

hey Chris, finally makin some progress, at last its finally starting to look like the Charger, I was dreading this part because everything fit so poorly, wasn't sure how I was going to get all theses decals on and in line with so many body panels, I have a few more decals to put on and it will be ready for clear, WooHoo!!

hi Bart, ya you arent here to hear all the cussing, and watching me crawl around on the floor looking for somthing I just dropped! lol I think we all Know there is NOTHING easy about model building! and again it was great to meet you, look forward to getting to know you better, anything I can do just gimma a holla

Edited by vintagedragfan

Bill---yes I am working on coming to the show---it will be an honor to meet somebody such as you who have devoted so much time, energy and love of what they are doing to make a oiece such as this to honor something that I had---in fact I feel very honored about all the people who have built these models and kits of my car---hope to be able to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill... awesome work on the decals. I can't wait to see it all together with clear on it now. I do have to ask are those the kit decals or the set from slixx??

thanks Chris, these are the decals from the kit, I was really nervous about them, I am not sure how old this kit is and we all know sometimes with older kits the decals can go south! they seem to be just fine, I am very relieved they are going on with out any trouble, I just have a few more to put on and it will be ready for clear, which is another point to worry about, sometimes the clear can do stupid stuff over decals, I have had this happen before! really hoping it goes well, I would hate for something to go wrong at this point!

Bill---yes I am working on coming to the show---it will be an honor to meet somebody such as you who have devoted so much time, energy and love of what they are doing to make a oiece such as this to honor something that I had---in fact I feel very honored about all the people who have built these models and kits of my car---hope to be able to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! that is great news Jerry, I am very excited about it! I do hope evrything works out for you to be able to come, I am sure you will enjoy the show, there will be alot of beautiful models there, keep me posted, thanks so much Jerry!

started doing some final assy. I only have two weeks to get this thing done!IMG_0788-vi.jpg the brake line is not correct, none of my reference pics showed where they were, I couldn't get them off with out junking the paint, so they are gonna have to stay, hope you don't mind Jerry lol

Man-----I am just honored as hell that you would even want to build a model of the car---------------

it is my privelage Jerry, I would love to build the rear engine car too, but I have never seen one of those kits, love to get my hands on one! you need to get with revell and get them to re issue them! hehe, the car is all but completed, I have a few little things left to do, I figured I would wait till after the show to post the updates and finished pics in hopes of lureing you to the show :D do you know if you are going to make it in for show or not? really hoping to get you to sign the box top so I can frame it, that would be awesome!

yea Chris it is all but done, have a few small things to do yet, vert pleased with the way it has turned out, I actually didn't know what to expect when I started this project, thanks bro!

Kane , it is 1/16 scale, those are some very kind words, means alot that you would say such a thing, really do appreciate it!!