Model Cars Magazine Forum

California Charger F.E.D. update

WOW, truly amazing model building! These pictures could be from real car, but maybe I have to believe, that it's a model. Brakes look awesome. Those bolts look great too and paint looks incredible. This is fantastic build, can't wait to see it finished.

Bill, it's refreshing to see a brake caliper that doesn't just float on the disc. Your's is actually mounted (bolted, I see) to a stationary bracket. Yet another nice attention to detail.

Really looking forward to next weeks Heartland Nationals to see this baby up close and personal. I have my camera ready.

Bill Im gonna be sending you some instructions on the correct way to pack this for shipping .........it'll also include my home address LOL!! OUTSTANDING job my friend I really enjoyed watching you put this one together.

Bill......I really enjoyed watching this California Charger come to life.........I would have to say this is in the top 10 for the "Best" model of the year.......Congrats on a fine build.......hope you bring home a bunch of gold.......it really deserves it.......good luck :)

thank you Niko!!

yea Alyn, I done my best to make it look real, I have learned alot on this car, hopefully my next will be better, I am excited for this weekend, the heartland nats. is a great show, very excited to share the car with evryone and get some feed back, see you there!

Romell, oh, you funny all right, thanks man!!

John, I can't thank you enough for all your generous words, it is very humbling coming from one of THE top builders ever!! really do appreciate it!!

thank you Bill, I am very proud of the way it turned out, I couldn't be happier with it!

Stupendous, amazing...........all of our words can't express what we see you have done.

Sorry Romell, I already gave him my address. Ha. Imagine the UPS man showing up at your door with this piece of art boxed up for you !!!

This is so good.....I'm not sure whether I should be amazed or certain of my inferior abilities.

You have done a great job on a kit that offers significant challenges. Your sharing of the build pictures are greatly appreciated. I doubt if anyone has ever built this kit to these standards.

Salute!

An amazing and super clean build, That Chute looks great. If you get time any details on how and what you made it from?

thank you Joe, appreciate that, to be honest Joe I am not really sure, a friend gave me some pieces of aluminum scrap, some of it was wrapped in this stuff, its like really thick paper towel, I just used a sharpie to black it out, and I cut it out and folded the edges for a clean edge, I used fabric glue and installed it on a small piece of packing foam, the straps are vinyl patch, and I stripped some small wire and made fasteners, the center ring is a link from a necklace, sorry I'm not sure what the material is, lol

Absolutely beautiful Bill ! I'm not going to repeat what has already been said , I just want to ask you a favor . If Jerry shows up at the show "PLEASE" post some photos of the two of you with the model ( and your trophy ) !

BOB .

Stupendous, amazing...........all of our words can't express what we see you have done.

Sorry Romell, I already gave him my address. Ha. Imagine the UPS man showing up at your door with this piece of art boxed up for you !!!

This is so good.....I'm not sure whether I should be amazed or certain of my inferior abilities.

You have done a great job on a kit that offers significant challenges. Your sharing of the build pictures are greatly appreciated. I doubt if anyone has ever built this kit to these standards.

Salute!

thank you very much Dave! I guess you and Romell are gonna have to wrestle for it, (don't think I would want to wrestle Rom myself) LOL

Mike, I am glad to have it finished finally, I bought the kit one year ago at last years Heartland show, I am happy with the way it turned out, even though its not 100% accurate, like Mr. Teresi says, it's good enough for the girls I go with, thanks for following along and all your help!

Absolutely beautiful Bill ! I'm not going to repeat what has already been said , I just want to ask you a favor . If Jerry shows up at the show "PLEASE" post some photos of the two of you with the model ( and your trophy ) !

BOB .

thanks Bob, unfortunatly Mr. Clayton had a family emergency, he will not be able to attend the show, he did say he will be more than happy to meet up this summer and visit and check out the car, I will post pics when we do meet

the rest of the pics will be in under glass, thanks to every one for following this build and all the help, a special thanks to Mr. Clayton for all of his help and support! I can't thank him enough, it makes this build really special to me, I am excited to meet you and share it with you... thanks again

Woooooooooow! An absolutely amazing build. Can't wait to see it in person this weekend.

thanks Andy, look forward to seeing you again, glad you guys can make it!

Wow! I just looked at this thread for the first time. Unbelievable. That is one of the most beautiful and realistic models I have ever seen!

thank you Ken, appreciate it!

I want to be the first on here to congradulate Bill for his outstanding work on this model----I have received word that he won his class, got best engine, best detail, peoples choice and GRAND CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then when I got home and opened my emails, found a message from him also---

Congrats Bill, and your display pics you emailed me are going to get printed for my collection---

Jerry