Model Cars Magazine Forum

STOLEN KITS / PACKAGE

My local postman is really good, they will bring the packages to the door, and hand deliver them to me, and they will leave the packages at the door , which is fine because someone is home when the mail comes. They will leave the packages by the front door if no one is home, but I live out side of the city so not a lot of things happen out here.

SHOCK OF SHOCKS: Less than a minute ago (1:39 Eastern), a UPS guy knocked on my door and handed me my Amazon order. So, criticize when due, but compliment, too.

Our UPS route driver moved into management. he was a really great guy! If he had regular customers as in lots of deliveries he would ask if there was a neighbor that they would trust to leave the package with if they weren't home.

I was getting a couple packages a week when we first moved in here. One day he asked if he could leave a package for the guy across the hall (who actually wokes with my wife) because it was the third attempt and he didn't want to have it returned to sender.

From then on if I am home he would leave anything thathad to be signed for with me instead of having to redeliver. I became the guy that eveybodies package was left at for a while! :lol:

Now the new guys will half the time leave it just inside the door unser the mailboxes. They won't even bring them to the apartment door. :(

Guest Sickfish

Guys you've got me a bit worried... I'm eyeing off buying a new Iwata air-brush, from tcpglobal, as they're the cheapest, but they state they use UPS 1st class for shipping. Although UPS don't operate here in Aus'... I'm beginning to wonder if I DO buy it from tcpglobal, if it'll make it to the plane?? I feel sorry for all you guys who've been ripped-off.... I'd be p***ed too if I buy this airbrush, just on $400, & it went AWOL... :-0!

The worst I've seen is UPS. I've seen them come up the steps to my place, leave the package at the door, without ever having knocked or rung the bell.

I took a package right from the UPS driver a few weeks ago, and when I asked if I had to sign for it he said 'Nah, you're fine.' A little while later I got an e-mail from UPS telling me they could not deliver my package... the very package the UPS driver had handed me a week or so earlier. :lol:

I rarely have any shipping by UPS OR FED-EX. The postperson I used to have would always bring my packages right to the door in Canton Ohio. I now live in rural West Virginia and i'm lucky if the packages aren't tossed onto my porch from about ten feet away! I've seen them do it, and no matter how many complaints I make to the local postmaster nothing gets done. :angry:

U N I O N protection.

. . . i'm lucky if the packages aren't tossed onto my porch from about ten feet away! I've seen them do it, and no matter how many complaints I make to the local postmaster nothing gets done. :angry:

Video it, put it on YouTube, leak it to the local news, and watch the fun. Ain't Social Networking great?

In Canada they leave a parcel notice and send the package to the local post office for pickup. I have noticed that they check ID when I go to pickup my packages.

They do? Back when I was living in Toronto they would just leave the parcel in the front porch, even in the deep of winter. The thing would get half buried in snow when I got home.

The only times I would get a parcel notice is when they nailed me with customs and taxes. Which was actually quite often.

I haven't had it happen YET, but I live in the "ghetto" and when stuff is dropped off at my door it can be seen from the road. I have a $200 package being delivered next week and if it happens to come on a day that I work and my wife isn't home I'm afraid it'll come up missing.

all shipping services have a bad apple in the basket. they dont knock, dont ring the door bell, leave packages at the door or they damage them. it's been in the news as of lately. do you think its making a change?? nah, i dont think so.

a fedex driver left a package at a neighbors house when they werent home. it was raining and it was a disney toy. it was a good size box. i swear, if my wife wouldn't have brought it in to our place, some scumbag would have taken it. they didnt get home till the next day. they were happy that we brought it into the house that they made cookies for us.

I agree, there is one in every crowd. I get frustrated with the Canada Post carrier on my route because he never rings to see if I am home. I end up getting a slip to pick it up the next day at the post office. I work out of my home and I am home 90% of the time.

Now I leave a note on the mailbox saying "I am home, please ring for packages".