Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Plymouth Fury AWB...

Dave D

Thanks for the kind comments gentlemen. The windshield & rear window are tinted with Tamiya Clear Blue, the side windows are blue tinted PVC from Midwest. I gave the chrome trim a lot of thought before I painted it, and decided that I prefered that it look like the trim was deleted. I think it makes the car look "lighter" with out chrome if you know what I mean... Here are some additional pics...

fury34.jpg

fury62.jpg

fury35.jpg

Edited by Dave D

Started as a Johan Police car. Converted to 2 dr. sedan, then moved the rear wheel wells forward to where I thought it looked right. Shortened a Lindberg '64 Dodge chassis and removed the molded in gas tank. Scratch built rear leaf springs, hangers, shocks & shackles. Scratch built front axle, spindles, shocks & tie rod and made poseable.

Interior started as the Johan police car tub, cut out the floor. Put in the floor from the AMT '62 Impala. Scratched the shifter, steering column, tach, seat belts, all roll bar parts except main hoop. Windshield & rear window are vacuum formed clear, sprayed with Tamiya Clear Blue, side windows are .010" blue sheet from the hobby shop.

Engine is Hemi from AMT B-body kit, resin valve covers, resin intake manifold (modified), oil pan from the S & M 'Cuda, Dist. & cap from RMCM, resin fuel pump, scratch built coil, fuel block, injector fuel lines, ect... Headers are AMT/scratch. Trans is Comp Resins 727, with the pan sanded off & installed a Polar Lights F/C pan. Rear slicks are from Polar Lights F/C, wheels are from Drag City Casting (rear), and A/FX N (front).

Paint is from MCW ('68 Chrysler Hawiian Blue), decals from Special Appearance Decals, & Slixx. Hood pins are sewing needles.

The headlites are drilled out and I placed .010" blue PVC discs behind.

I sanded off the trim around the windows, as I elected NOT to foil the trim. I think it makes the car look lighter without it.

It seems natural that this is the way it would have been built if done for real.

Edited by Dave D

Well that Is Great looking AWB Fury! Stance is just perfect, and I like that wheel and tire combo. Looks like you did super job on the engine too.

It's sad, I haven't seen any '67 Plymouth Fury or Vip model kits. Otherwise I would build one Finnish D/Street '67 Vip.