Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old School Star Car In Blue

Project Blue Star.

I started with an original issue AMT White-Western Star, a resin hood and etched metal grille from Illini Replica Conversions (old stuff I bought back in '02).

I stretched the frame, modified the sleeper crawil through a bit and added a few bits and pieces from the parts boxes.

BlueStartrler2712right.jpg

BlueStarwithtrailer2712.jpg

BlueStarRightRear2712.jpg

BlueStarRoadrht2712.jpg

All the pics of the build are on http://public.fotki....ch-1/blue-star/

Thanks for looking!

Tim

That´s a very nice truck & trailer. I like the overall color combination. It is the first time that I have noticed how low this sleeper actually is. The second picture looks like a day cab truck with just some box behind. Maybe it´s just a play of angles but sure looks cool.

Jarda

Jarda,

That is how the old Mercury sleepers looked. The standard size was quite short. An optional taller sleeper (about 10 inches taller) was available as well as longer versions.

Tim

That´s a very nice truck & trailer. I like the overall color combination. It is the first time that I have noticed how low this sleeper actually is. The second picture looks like a day cab truck with just some box behind. Maybe it´s just a play of angles but sure looks cool.

Jarda