Model Cars Magazine Forum

dirty donnys (vantasy) update (she is done now so i put her in "under glass" )

I'm late to this party, but I was amazed you cut ALL the doors open on this! Very nice. And it looks like all the thin posts made it through to the end ... that's sure come delicate building.

thanks mate... i will admit the thin post between to front door and the sliding door did snap off at the bottom ... but i was able to glue, filler and sand it back to shape lol

Looks great. I wondered what you would do with the passanger side slideing door. That would make a great "TAIL GATE" party van for a Football game.

Does anyone know how one might make a sliding door work? I ask because I bought this van when it first came out, but have not yet decided what to do with it. I would like to build a working door!

Great inspiration for me, Stuart. Things lookin' great! Thanks for sharing....

Does anyone know how one might make a sliding door work? I ask because I bought this van when it first came out, but have not yet decided what to do with it. I would like to build a working door!

Great inspiration for me, Stuart. Things lookin' great! Thanks for sharing....

thanks mate glad u like it ... i to would like to know how to for the next one because i do plan ti get another one

hi all... progress is going slow now as its the little silly things that take the longest lol... i have got the door pannels installed just got to sand down the filler and paint n detail.

2012-02-26-026.jpg

and after the filler was put on

2012-02-26-027.jpg

so by the looks of this its going to be a little time before she is done

i hope you all like the slow but steady progress.

thanks for looking in.

any comments good or bad are welcome .

stu

hi all small update today... i've been working on the interior and i am making the seats removable like they are in the real thing, so as i can remove the engine cover to show off the engine... i am using some locater pins in the seats and a hole in the floor.

the seat

2012-02-27-030.jpg

the floor

2012-02-27-032.jpg

interior done

2012-02-27-029.jpg

Edited by stulee11

last one... i have been also trying to work on the door panels, BUT i did a rather silly thing and glued it on then decide to do the filler work lol... which has made this side rather impossable to sand down nic... but i have learnt from that misstake and i am doing the other side off the door lol... but as most of you all say every model is a learning curve.

door panel on

2012-02-27-028.jpg

as you can see its rather messy but i have learnt a valuble lesson this time!!!!

hope you all like the way this is turning out and stick along for the ride.

thanks for looking in.

stu

Just seen this thread and your doing an awesome job on this I really like the color and the bed is a cool touch

thanks mate... i aint to sure if i'm going to leave that bed in yet as i dont think it turnt out as good as i wanted... but i am looking in to getting either a dolls house bed or a dolls house sofa to go in the back.