Model Cars Magazine Forum

How often do you go on this Forum...?

So far tonight I've suspended two members. They thought they were being real clever and real funny.

I have no problem suspending as many as necessary to clear out those whose only purpose is to either slam others or just cause trouble in general. I've been way too easy on you guys up to now, I always thought that a laid-back approach would make for an open, enjoyable forum where we could talk like friends. But I've learned that there are certain people here who have no intention of talking like friends, their only intention is to disrupt the forum and cause trouble.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed that my theory of treating you guys like adults, and expecting adult behavior in return, didn't pan out as I hoped it would.

So... so far tonight two are gone, and more to come if necessary. As many as I have to get rid of to return this place into a friendly forum where we can all respect people who have different opinions or personalities instead of attacking them with lame, childish posts.

You`ll get no trouble from this guy...was an admin at a popular chatroom back in the 90`s...i`ll never do it again!

Andy, hang in there it will all return to normal soon.

Rich, sorry your thread is suddenly filling up with a little methane, but we'll get it back on track as soon as the thread-wrecking-crew goes off to pester someone else.

My original thread was not intended to pick on or attack anyone. I just was interested to see how often other people come onto this Forum. Obviously some people come on more than others. I think I'll be starting a new project very soon as I'm feeling the urge again... I knew the doldrums wouldn't last long. I just have to pick the subject.

:lol: I was a moderator on a SMALL (15 members) site, ugh, it was still hard even then!

Club Gabbay held 40 people...it was an animal house...it got soo bad that we had to open another room...and call it Anything Goes. We let the animals beat one each other there, but once someone acted up in regular chat...`The user has been booted from the room``

My original thread was not intended to pick on or attack anyone.

Don't worry, I know. It just got hijacked by a few guys with nothing better to do than slam other members.

Not your fault it turned out the way it did. I had to delete more than half the posts.

No, Rich, the trouble was not your thread or your intentions, you were just posting a regular post like the rest of us trying to get some good discussion started, that's all.

Delighted to hear your styrene blues are over. Now, let's see what you will put on the bench and build when you get it going.

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Jonathan, for many of us, in particular if you have children, there is no better time indeed. After everyone goes to bed, even the pets, there's really nothing more magical than the work bench, fresh styrene on the slab, some good music on the radio . . . and you are set.

Jonathan, for many of us, in particular if you have children, there is no better time indeed. After everyone goes to bed, even the pets, there's really nothing more magical than the work bench, fresh styrene on the slab, some good music on the radio . . . and you are set.

Virgil my friend, I couldnt of said it better myself, children is my main reason why most of my work is done at night, but I am also a night owl too, have always had jobs working on 3rd shift, so its when I am at my best :lol:

Long time listener, first time caller.... I'm not trying to derail this anymore but.. I find it very comical that so many people will comment on non model subjects in the "general" section of the forum, as being waistfull and garbage. Really ??? Is that all we are supposed to talk about? I don't have any friends in town who build models as a hobby, it's nice to interact (on any level) with those that do, even if it's not about plastic all the time. I come here for a lot more then that. I'm not real religous, but you don't have to go to church just to pray..

Long time listener, first time caller.... I'm not trying to derail this anymore but.. I find it very comical that so many people will comment on non model subjects in the "general" section of the forum, as being waistfull and garbage. Really ??? Is that all we are supposed to talk about? I don't have any friends in town who build models as a hobby, it's nice to interact (on any level) with those that do, even if it's not about plastic all the time. I come here for a lot more then that. I'm not real religous, but you don't have to go to church just to pray..

I guess to some, yes they feel we should only be talking about model related stuff, thats what I am getting anyways.

Harry, sorry for trying to add fuel to the fire by asking whale a question.

Edited by martinfan5

Shane, point well made. Actually it's the GENERAL topic or discussion area that I think makes this forum stand out from others out there, a section where we can relax and be a bit less serious about the stuff we enjoy, our sense of humor, whatever . . . yeah, it's like being a model car shows . . . it's hectic and tense while everyone sets up, the models get talked about, tips and techniques get shared, photographs are taken and then people go off to dinner to enjoy each others' company and to talk about EVERYTHING under the sun. How freeing and wonderful is that!

Edited by Dr. Cranky

You're right, the whole point of the "General" section is to give you guys a place to interact a little bit about stuff that's maybe not 100% model-related. That's why we call it the "General" section.

If any members don't like anything off-topic and want this forum to be about only models 100%, all they have to do is stay away from the "General" section. The whole rest of the site is about models, model building and model-related topics. The "General" section is there for those members who like to talk a bit about other things (more or less model or automotive related, but not necessarily). If you don't want to join in, no problem! You have the whole rest of the site to look through.

I guess to some, yes they feel we should only be talking about model related stuff, thats what I am getting anyways.

Harry, sorry for trying to add fuel to the fire by asking whale a question.

Jonathan, the purpose of those kinds of attacks is to get you to feel inhibited and less free about sharing your imagination and creativity with others. After a while, you realize that you ARE in fact a rational human being here to share and have fun. It's a hobby to be shared, not something you need to be careful or stressed out about.

For that there is always real work and REAL LIFE! ;):D

Edited by Dr. Cranky

You're right, the whole point of the "General" section is to give you guys a place to interact a little bit about stuff that's maybe not 100% model-related. That's why we call it the "General" section.

If any members don't like anything off-topic and want this forum to be about only models 100%, all they have to do is stay away from the "General" section. The whole rest of the site is about models, model building and model-related topics. The "General" section is there for those members who like to talk a bit about other things (more or less model or automotive related, but not necessarily). If you don't want to join in, no problem! You have the whole rest of the site to look through.

Thats what I dont get, its not like they are being forced to read and or post in the general section, I guess it makes that upset that they can not help themselfs and have to attack other memebers

Almost everyother forum has a general or off topic section, so its not like this is the ony place that has one, I really dont see what the big deal is to these guys.

Hey gang,

Hey, let's get back on topic. Cookies for all later on........................

Well, I probably log on at least once a day, I don't post that much because I haven't done anything I feel comfortable posting....yet. I really enjoy reading the forums, I think I spend more time here than anyplace else, although "Under Glass" and "Drag Racing" run a close second. Hate when it turns personal in the forums, hey if you don't like what I'm doing, suggest your little heart out and I will listen carefully and try to do better, Make it personal, well, I can't comment on that here, but I will send out very negative vibes!!!! I am here just having fun and trying to do better. I really like J.T's builds, I really like the good Dr.'s off-the-beaten-path topics and ideas, I love when Danno responds to OMGNAGLT!!!, I enjoy my friends on here...Highway, Crazy Jim, Cool Hand, man if I start listing all the people I enjoy and admire, I'll never finish my reply!! Let's have fun, log on when you can, keep this a good cool place, that for me anyway, is onr of my favorite things to do each day, makes my world a better place.

Mike

Thank you so much to all of you guys with nothing better to do that post personal atacks or useless comments. :rolleyes:

Here's a suggestion: Instead of posting yet another attack on a forum member, why not post up some photos of your latest model?

Why do you let it go on Harry? That is a problem on this site. Do something about the attacks. Words mean nothing to those people that do the attacking.

Jonathan, the purpose of those kinds of attacks is to get you to feel inhibited and less free about sharing your imagination and creativity with others. After a while, you realize that you ARE in fact a rational human being here to share and have fun. It's a hobby to be shared, not something you need to be careful or stressed out about.

For that there is always real work and REAL LIFE! ;):D

Virgil, you are right, I dont let it bother me one bit, and thats what I dont get, this is a hobby, its something for us to do to help us relax and destress , and to HAVE FUN, not to take serioulsy. I know that there are the one that build only contest builds, but even then, its not like we are curing a disease or something.

Hey Gang,

Also, if we are just supposed to talk about models, well, I can't believe what Tom Brady's wife said, and secondly, the girl with the black hair and blue eyes that does the lovely commercials, well I want to start a new modeling club....with just me and her.

Mike

Why do you let it go on Harry? That is a problem on this site. Do something about the attacks. Words mean nothing to those people that do the attacking.

I deleted about half the posts and suspended two members.

You're right, I gave people a long leash for too long, and a few of them took advantage of me. But my "treat them like adults and they'll act like adults" theory has been shot to hell. I was wrong. With some members, you treat them like adults and they'll take advantage of it and push the boundaries. So now it's clear that the only way to deal with the troublemakers is to start getting rid of them.

Yes, I probably gave them too much leeway for too long. My mistake. All I got for my faith in fellow members is a pile of trouble. But no more.

I deleted about half the posts and suspended two members.

You're right, I gave people a long leash for too long, and a few of them took advantage of me. But my "treat them like adults and they'll act like adults" theory has been shot to hell. I was wrong. With some members, you treat them like adults and they'll take advantage of it and push the boundaries. So now it's clear that the only way to deal with the troublemakers is to start getting rid of them.

Yes, I probably gave them too much leeway for too long. My mistake. All I got for my faith in fellow members is a pile of trouble. But no more.

Glad to here that Harry. I look in on this site every day. I have learned and tried many new thing I have seen here.