Model Cars Magazine Forum

finished my 1 to 1 Schwinn Sting Ray!

Irvin Arter Jr.

OMG!!!! I WANT THIS!!! I had at least 10 of these when I was kid,,I built choppers out of them,,dirt bikes,,and everything in between!! Remember the chrome springer front ends,,w/the shifter,,,and small front tire w/drum brake?,"Apple krate" "Lemon peeler" "Cherry picker",,ect,,,man I love these old stingrays. BTW,,these are worth alot of $$ if in good condition these days. VERY COOL,,great to see this!!

Thank you so muck for this post!!!!

It brings back many GREAT memories.I had a Stingray,orange without the shifter,single speed.

I put a sissy bar on the back.I lived just on the other side of Biscayne Bay and remember riding it to Miami Beach.

It was great riding it up and down along the beach.Oh BTW,it had the straight fork,no spring.

Boy,do I wish I had it now!!!!!

When I was a kid it was considered the utmost in cool to have a Schwinn stingray. Orange Crate, Lemon Peeler, Grey Ghost, etc.

X's 2!!!!!,and also it was cool to get the matching colored tires to match,I remember the on kid on our block had a Purple Stingray with purple tires coolest thing ever.....and all I had was a gold Huffy with black tires :(

Always wanted one of those. When my parents went to buy me one there were none left so they got me the Sears version, Big & little 16 inch wheel in front. It hade 2 shifters, one for the 5 speed and the other was a emergency brake. Wow, What memories these pics have bought back to me.

THANKS Irvin !!!!!!

My cousin had a purple 5-speed bike, big shifter on the top tube, almost as big as a car's shifter... but the frame was really long... longer than a Schwinn. I don't remember the brand, but it was a cool bike. With the longer frame it had a really low look to it.

Always wanted one of those. When my parents went to buy me one there were none left so they got me the Sears version, Big & little 16 inch wheel in front. It hade 2 shifters, one for the 5 speed and the other was a emergency brake. Wow, What memories these pics have bought back to me.

THANKS Irvin !!!!!!

DUDE! You had a Sears Screamer? A friend of mine had one way-back in the day. Butterfly handle bars, suspension in the seat, slick out back, raked frame. He had the flashiest bike in our crew.

I always wanted either a Grey Ghost or Cotton Picker. Got neither....

• 10 months later...

DUDE! You had a Sears Screamer? A friend of mine had one way-back in the day. Butterfly handle bars, suspension in the seat, slick out back, raked frame. He had the flashiest bike in our crew.

I always wanted either a Grey Ghost or Cotton Picker. Got neither....

Fastback340,

Was a at car show here in the island and took this pic. This really bought back memories!

bicicleta_sears_1971_zps46ff45e3.jpg