Model Cars Magazine Forum

LOOKING FOR AN OLDER TOPIC ABOUT "GHOSTING"

Hey Gang,

I am trying to find an older topic on "ghosting"...when images show through paint after you have removed them. Someone had posted a thread a few months back regarding this, I want to remove some handles and trim but not sure exactly what to do to keep from bleeding/ghosting through after painting. The topic I am looking for had several excellent comments and explanations why this effect happened, and what to do to keep it from happening. In my case, I am probably going to prime, then shoot Future, then paint and clear, but would really like to find the topic first. I looked in "TIPS... "and " "HOW TO..." catagories but no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Moderators....I am posting this here because I think "GENERAL'" is probably the most read of the forums, I am hoping someone might have an "Oh, I remember that....." Thanks.

Hey Virgil.

Wow, thanks for the quick and kind reply, this thread is very helpful, but the one I just keep thinking about had someone actually break down what happens step-by-step when the ghosting occurs, I spent a good hour plus looking at back topics, but just couldn't find that specific one. Thanks again Doc!!

Mike