Model Cars Magazine Forum

S-10 Extreme Flatbed

Ok so here's the scoop: About 5 years ago i broke up with my girlfriend at the time, she wouldn't let me see my friends so i gave her the boot. My lifelong best friend seen me one day bustin away at a model, and said he'd like to try out the hobby. He owned a S-10 extreme on 20's and a Cadillac Eldorado at the time, so we went down to the hobby store and picked up one of both. I'm tellin ya, of course most of you guys know it takes some patience watching someone and helping them build they're first model. He glue/paint bombed it terribly and donated it to my parts box. Recently i noticed most of the kit was still intact throughout my vast assortment of parts, so i pulled it all together, minus suspension and that tired little V6.When i got the side trim <Extreme version> off i noticed he used so much glue it wawrped the bed terribly, so i put it aside for about 2 minutes before i said: Flatbed with style!

DSCN06391.jpg

DSCN06411.jpg

Parts box amp and subs in the door made out of calculator buttons...i think...maybe it was a keyboard idk, seats from an El Camino lowrider kit

DSCN06431.jpg

NAME THAT ENGINE cuz idk what it came from, been in my stash for prolly 15 years

DSCN06451.jpg

Color was going to be the color of the engine, but couldn't find a rattlecan at hobbylobby to match, so its going to be One coat Testors lime ice with black ground effects, as you see on the hood. Man thats an impressive shade of green! Tell me whatcha think, i know its different!

Nice start, The engine looks like an older pop of a Chevrolet 409 based on the head/valve cover shape. Only two motors share that head/ valve cover shape in the Chevy line up, one was a 409, the other a 348. They both looked identical,excep the 348 had the dipstick on the drivers side of the motor, and the 409 on the passenger side.

Color sure does pop:

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

The Extreme trim/bumper will be black, and i found some neon yellow stickers im going to put along both sides on the trim. The bed i think im going to stain, i mean with stain AND some oil stains/scratches like a flat bed should have! Pop sickle sticks FTW.