Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratch Building an Aussie Ford Falcon **New update,15/1/18**

ShawnS

This project it amazing. Makes me think I might have a snowball's chance in hell at scratchbuilding a 1991 Toyota Camry DX (my 1:1 car) one day.

Your work is insanely good. Your attention to detail is even better.

I'm following this one! I can't wait to see the finished results!

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Fantastic job!!! It could be possible that this car was sold in Europe with the Granada name?

No. The two cars weren't that closely related.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Not a massive update for you all today. I did however get around to casting the interior tub this weekend. I glued the sides of the tub to the floor and filled any gaps that were left over, shot it with primer and cast it.

The original part.

p1030930r.jpg

The mould I made. It's just a two part squish mould.

p1030938t.jpg

and the end product. A part thats identical to the original.

p1030936qr.jpg

I am quite happy with the way it turned out. There was very little clean up to do on it and it's ready to go.

I will be working on the engine bay next.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

ShawnS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Thanks for your patience and interest everyone, it's been a busy month or so for me but I'm getting some build time in every now and then and it's time to show you some of what I've got done. I didn't realise it but I totally forgot the last update from a few weeks ago. We'll start with that.

I cut off the terrible front rails that were on the Mustang chassis and replaced them with ones made from evergreen strip.

p1030959e.jpg

p1030960oz.jpg

I added an engine crossmember and made a transmission mount.

p1030991u.jpg

p1030973u.jpg

I made the engine mounts. The one on the left goes onto the crossmember and the one on the right goes onto the engine.

p1030984y.jpg

p1030988o.jpg

I also fabricated a front crossmember.

p1030999a.jpg

The engine and all of it's parts fit like a charm.

p1040082q.jpg

p1040081iz.jpg

Fantastic work. Are you going to sell this kit?

I'm not sure yet. There seems to be a demand and I'd be silly not to want to make some extra cash and I really would love to see what a variety of builders could do with it but at the moment I haven't made my mind up.

Ok that was update 1.

stay tuned for update 2

Cheers

ShawnS

Shawn if U sold this car I'd buy one as I need it for my rallycar collection in the Australain section, also I have heard the the use of the word hood creeping into the Australian language everywhere I go people especialy the guys still use bonnet, come on Shawn keep the word floating on this thread after all we R Aussies not Americans or even Continetal man call it wot it is. This is one great scratch build Shawn and I'm keeping an eye out and Shawn I'm pleading with ya U've got the bucks make the car for for us Aussie builders at least.

Dingo

Your work is so far beyond professional that I don't have a word for it! This reminds me of the thread on developing the Moebious Hudson masters except that your work is better. Any model company would be proud to have you developing new product for them!