Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL West pics

Vince Nemanic

The turnout was pretty good. Last year was a bit down, but there were more entrants and the tables seemed more full. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure there were over 1000 models and I would guess over 400 attendees. All of the regulars were there: Bob Karroll, Roger "Riceman" Lee, Larry Henley, the BASH'RS club, Mark Townsend, Jerry Amaral, etc. plus the NNL staffers, both current and those of us who have gained "emaritus" status, like Steve Hinson, Andy Kellock, Roy Sorenson, Greg Plummer et al. We sure missed Gregg Hutchings, Albert Wallace and Dave Dale, and the tribute to Randy Vandraiss was touching. A lot of us spent time remembering Randy.

The swap meet was pretty full with some good deals. I got a bunch of old car magazines, some tires from Herb Deeks, misc parts and three models (all MPC annuals and sealed inside) -Datsun Pickup, Pinto Wagon and Dodge window van. I also bought $10 in door prize tickets and won a Moebius Hudson.

I had a great time talking to people, and renewing friendships. I think that this is the BEST part of going to a show!

Vincent, one more question, how was the turn out this year? I know Ira and John Teresi where there, and probably Rom showed up too.

I hope other folks start posting some more pictures. The NNL West is a huge show.

Cranky, my take was that attendance was up, certainly more models on display than recent years, however, number of vendors seemed significantly down this year. I heard that the Hobby Depot in Santa Rosa was holding an event which may have kept some from that area away. 'Bruce' the big Deuce guy was conspicuously absent and I know he resides in the SR area. Was a great show, though. Sorry you couldn't be there, maybe next year! :D

Unfortunately, I posted all of the pics that I shot. The Follmer 917/10 was built by Andy Kellock, so it will probably be in his Scale Auto column.

I agree that the attendence was up, and the vendors were fewer. There is always a bit of ebb and flow in the numbers of vendors and modellers. I did not hear about any other shows, but that is a possibility. As far as Bruce Miller's attendence, there have been times that he missed a year or two due to work (as did committee member Brooks Moses this year), so I'm not going to read too much into it. Either way, it was an enjoyable day, and it would have been more so if some of those absent were there. I'll just hope to see them next year or at other shows. It's ALL good!

Mike Grover, will you be going with some of the Sacramento guys to Al & Susan's place on March 3? I hope to see you there. It is a really fun time.

Unfortunately, I posted all of the pics that I shot. The Follmer 917/10 was built by Andy Kellock, so it will probably be in his Scale Auto column.

I agree that the attendence was up, and the vendors were fewer. There is always a bit of ebb and flow in the numbers of vendors and modellers. I did not hear about any other shows, but that is a possibility. As far as Bruce Miller's attendence, there have been times that he missed a year or two due to work (as did committee member Brooks Moses this year), so I'm not going to read too much into it. Either way, it was an enjoyable day, and it would have been more so if some of those absent were there. I'll just hope to see them next year or at other shows. It's ALL good!

Mike Grover, will you be going with some of the Sacramento guys to Al & Susan's place on March 3? I hope to see you there. It is a really fun time.

So I've heard, but I'm afraid not. Have to catch you at next year's NNL.