Model Cars Magazine Forum

chopping a chopper

I am not sure if these may be the best way, but they are two ways none the least. What I have done on one is to cut a relief in the bottom upright and take a amount out of the top bar, or visa versa, cut a relief in the top bar and add on to the bottom bar. In either case, you willneed to fill the gap on the relief cut and naturally smooth out the lines where you either shortened or lengthened your bars. The choice on top or bottom I feel as though is primarily contingent upon the style of the bottom bar/bars and if there is any give to bend out or not. I hope this helps you.

I'm not an expert in motorcycles but I think there are 2 ways of doing it:

Cutting the top frame tube right behind the fork support tube (vertical) and cut a relief in the bottom tube so the fork can be tilted back and increase the angle.

angle.jpg

OR, what I did in mine: I did not touch the frame. I did new fork support brackets and the lower one extends a bit more than the top one

DSCF4170b.jpg

Keep in mind when you change the angle, the lenght of the fork may need to be adjusted as well to keep the frame level.

I hope this helps!

DSCF4601b.jpg

More pictures here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3224

Thanks,

Easiest way:

Cut a slight notch right behind the front tube, but not all the way through.

Then just bend the front tube back and glue into place. Cut the notch shallow, then see what the angle of the fork winds up being. You can always widen the notch, but it takes just a small notch to yield a pretty large change in the fork angle.

a.jpg

b.jpg