Model Cars Magazine Forum

kit instruction site link

This is a very well-known website, but it's amazing how many people don't know about it, or don't bookmark it for future reference. Questions about instructions still show up all the time here. It's great not just for replacing lost instructions, but also for analyzing what's in a kit you might buy. Biggest drawback: No organization or search capability, other than by manufacturer name (However, if you luck upon the right screen, which is hard to find, you can narrow it down to model decades). Bookmark it!!

Edited by sjordan2

i'm not going to complain that they don't have the instructions for AMT's Iron Horse Mustang; they had darn near everything else under the sun! i went through every possible permutation of the kit in case it was hidden somewhere... seemed odd that nowhere on the MPC section were there any Nascar/Grand National kits..... oversight on somebodie's part i'm sure. there was definitely a need to fill in the late '70's issues.... the halcyon days of annual kits were not well represented!

That is a great site for manuals. Its great to be able to see what is in the kit box before purchase. Tamiya USA have put up 11 pages of their manuals

http://www.tamiyausa...php?page=1&dir=

Wow, that is great to know. Is there a page where you can find kits by product number, since that's the only way their instructions are indicated?

Wow, that is great to know. Is there a page where you can find kits by product number, since that's the only way their instructions are indicated?

Looks to me like you need to know the product number to find anything. I wish Tamiya would say what the kit is next to the product number so you could browse through the lists and just click on what interests you.

They could learn a lot from the way these guys have got their site set up

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/instruction_sheetsh/instruction_sheets/

I've been a contributor to Bob's site for years and urge others to join in.

Wow....what a site! Great stuff.I plan on contributing as I have a few kits I didn't see listed. Plus I can contribute a REAL `68 Barracuda kit instead of the often referred to "68" Judy Lily super stock kit, which is actually a `69....Thanks for sharing!

Hi everyone, I haven't been here for awhile being busy with life and things.

I was told there was a thread about my site, so I had to check it out. :D

Thanks for all of the kind words and I really do get pleasure in knowing the site

is being used! It's free to everyone and is definately a work in progress that is

going to take many years to ever complete....if that's even possible? lol

I could not do it , if it were not for the help of the BUNCHES of modelers

around the globe that pitch in or donate. Thank you, I enjoy doing this and

love seeing all of these kits!

http://thedpmcc.com/contributors.html

The best way to search is by going to the main page and clicking on the brand

you want and go from there. I don't have a search engine installed ,because this

is an offset of my club's site and the results you would find , won't always be

instructions related.....not to mention, I would have to do more work and edit

everything already there LOL

www.thedpmcc.com/instructionsintro.html

If you can't find what you need, it's simple to send me an email making a request

or just go to the MKIBA forum and ask. Sometimes it takes awhile before someone

comes up with what you need, but we always get them.

http://modelinstructions.proboards.com/index.cgi

Some forums out there have the logo at the bottom of their main page for quick reference.

;)B)