Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where to post.......

Or..you could post it in the "Under Glass" section if it's a finished model. Please put there Larry! That way more people can see your great work!

Edited by plowboy

thanks for pointing out that there is a ghetto, i mean area, for trucks. i hadnt even noticed it. so now we go there for started, finished, contemplated, discarded anything having to do with "trucks"? not in the "on the workbench" or the "under glass" or even the "new releases" areas?

really bad idea, but thats just my opinion.

is that where i would post a model of the wheels on my skateboard?

:rolleyes:

thanks for pointing out that there is a ghetto, i mean area, for trucks. i hadnt even noticed it. so now we go there for started, finished, contemplated, discarded anything having to do with "trucks"? not in the "on the workbench" or the "under glass" or even the "new releases" areas?

The fact that you never noticed that we have an area for Trucks is your fault, not mine.

If you would pay attention, you would see that the first group of topic areas are all under the "Model Cars" header. The we have a section called "Modeling Q&A" with its sub-sections, then we have a section called "Contests and Shows," then we have a section called "Model Trucks," then "Links, Advertisers and Web sites," and so on until the bottom of the page.

Is the forum arranged in the best way possible? No. In fact I've suggested a reworking several times, and posted my idea here. But until that happens (if ever), this is the layout that we have to deal with.

If you need further explanation, PM me. :rolleyes:

But it's a pick-up. Why can't it go in the "under glass"

Is it a pickup CAR? Or a pickup TRUCK?

From one of the categories in the model TRUCKS section:

"Pickups, SUVS, Non-Commercial Trucks

For those who like pickups, SUVs, and other non-Big Rig Trucks."

People, this is not rocket science! :rolleyes:

The reason we have a Truck section is because people ASKED FOR IT! They wanted a specific area for TRUCKS. So we gave it to them. And now you ask why a truck should be posted in the truck section and not in the car section????

Geezow! No wonder Harry is close to popping a vein! What is so hard to understand??? No matter what the prefix, if the suffix is TRUCK it goes in the truck section. It's soooooo simple!

You would think it's pretty self-explanatory, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Well in that case I insist you go march your moderating powers over to the On the Workbench and Under Glass sections and promptly move every single thread for the entire 6 year history of this forum that is a truck, car-truck, SUV, or something cross-wise like that 4x4 Corvette "SUV" and put them where they belong immediately. Then promptly suspend or ban everyone involved for not being able to read and follow the rules.

Oooor get some ice, and some nicely aged single malt, and go over in the corner and apply liberally until you relax sufficiently to stop yelling at the membership.

The truck section was asked for by people who build trucks...ya know vroom-vroom diesel things with more than 4 wheels. I seriously doubt there are enough people here specifically building pick-ups, no matter how popular the lowrider/bagged trend is/was to justify the creation of a specific Truck section for them.

Is it a pickup CAR? Or a pickup TRUCK?

From one of the categories in the model TRUCKS section:

"Pickups, SUVS, Non-Commercial Trucks

For those who like pickups, SUVs, and other non-Big Rig Trucks."

People, this is not rocket science! :rolleyes:

The reason we have a Truck section is because people ASKED FOR IT! They wanted a specific area for TRUCKS. So we gave it to them. And now you ask why a truck should be posted in the truck section and not in the car section????

My mistake

Well in that case I insist you go march your moderating powers over to the On the Workbench and Under Glass sections and promptly move every single thread for the entire 6 year history of this forum that is a truck, car-truck, SUV, or something cross-wise like that 4x4 Corvette "SUV" and put them where they belong immediately. Then promptly suspend or ban everyone involved for not being able to read and follow the rules.

Oooor get some ice, and some nicely aged single malt, and go over in the corner and apply liberally until you relax sufficiently to stop yelling at the membership.

The truck section was asked for by people who build trucks...ya know vroom-vroom diesel things with more than 4 wheels. I seriously doubt there are enough people here specifically building pick-ups, no matter how popular the lowrider/bagged trend is/was to justify the creation of a specific Truck section for them.

The truck section has a specific area for pickups, SUVs, etc., apart from the big rigs.

The truck area was added due to member requests for a truck area. It wasn't always there, so there are plenty of trucks in the cars area in many old threads. I don't go back and edit 2 and 3 year old threads.

And if I suspended all the members who either don't know the rules, don't understand the rules, or flat-out refuse to follow the rules, I'd have to suspend a lot of members.

You guys are really something. You want a separate truck section. You get a separate truck section. Now you cry about why a truck should be posted in the truck section?

And I'm the bad guy in this??? :blink:

I just sent him a welcome message in hopes he will stick around even though a few people have turned his honest and simple question into a major debate.

Right. It's not his initial question that was the problem, it's everything that came after it. I just sent him a PM too, to let him know my responses were not to his question (which I answered in the first post), but to several of the posts that were made by others in his thread.

The truck section has a specific area for pickups, SUVs, etc., apart from the big rigs.

The truck area was added due to member requests for a truck area. It wasn't always there, so there are plenty of trucks in the cars area in many old threads. I don't go back and edit 2 and 3 year old threads.

And if I suspended all the members who either don't know the rules, don't understand the rules, or flat-out refuse to follow the rules, I'd have to suspend a lot of members.

You guys are really something. You want a separate truck section. You get a separate truck section. Now you cry about why a truck should be posted in the truck section?

notme.jpg

My biggest sin here is getting emoticonal. ;)

Welcome, aboard, Larry.

B)

Edited by Danno

Smoke another one.Do you put laundry soap in the clothes drier???

OK ,I can understand rigs ,suv's, or pick up not being your style of builds.Have you noticed commuting to work or school on your skate board, or even looking out your window that every 3rd vehicle out the is truck based.

OMG...don't ask me HOW I missed the Model Trucks section. Sorry for such a dopey question. And thanks Danno. And I can't believe you guys turned this simple question into such a stupid debate. All I did was miss the Truck section, and some of you all but called me a idiot. I posted a simple question. One reply would have sufficed. Plus, I am NOT a idiot.

Edited by Harry P.

Go figure. Mommy, Johnny got more ice cream than me, WAWAWAWA. Can I have some more ice cream so I can have more than him?

Trucks is trucks is trucks and that is all that they is. :lol: :lol: :wacko: Dan