Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rod Shop Charger Question

caine440

i wonder if that pic is from the Blue car and if so then id wager and say they were blue with white stars on them, at first i thought those were painted on stripe then i realized it was the sunlight coming thru the cowl vents on the hood LOL

This is suposed to be from the 71 Hemi Rod Shop Charger. Does anyone know what color the valve covers are? I am guessing blue.

RodShopHemiJuly1971Engine.jpg

Thanks!

If you look at the contrast between the valve cover on the left side,and the intake manifold,I'd say they were a dark color,maybe even black wrinkle finish. Just an opinion.

This is suposed to be from the 71 Hemi Rod Shop Charger. Does anyone know what color the valve covers are? I am guessing blue.

RodShopHemiJuly1971Engine.jpg

Thanks!

This picture is from the 1971 Car Craft Magazine article talking about the new Rod Shop racing Dodge's. So yes it is from the SS/E Charger

• 2 months later...

Rodger did you get the decals from us Decals By Lucas? I have never seen the engine shots before and did not know about the stars I will add the stars for the engine to the sheet I also notice the small white strips on the back of the valve cover I will also look at someway to do that contact me I will make sure you get the stars at least for the valve covers.

I would dare bet they were black, as was the engine compartment

not uncommon for the engine bays to be black back in the day regardless of exterior color

Unless it was done by the owner, ALL chrysler products came with a body colored engine compartment. At least all the ones I've seen from the factory have been(at least the Musclecars did).

Rodger did you get the decals from us Decals By Lucas? I have never seen the engine shots before and did not know about the stars I will add the stars for the engine to the sheet I also notice the small white strips on the back of the valve cover I will also look at someway to do that contact me I will make sure you get the stars at least for the valve covers.

As pointed out by keef (post #4) the white stripes are light shinning thru the valance, if you look closer their are stripes on some of the hoses above the valve covers

Thanks everyone.

I started a new thread with WIP photos.

Thanks for pointing out the black engine compartment, I missed that.

The decals I will be using are from Lucas.

I made the stars from some fingernail decals. The wife gave me the idea. :)