Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Ford Victoria Custom Coupe.........A Mild streetible custom

Peter Lombardo

This is my just finished (well, almost, needs a few little details like a license plate and the inner door latches) 1953 Ford Victoria Custom Coupe. This is the Lindberg hardtop coupe kit. It has a mild roof chop and completely new side moldings like a 1954 version. The single side molding makes the car look longer, I think. The doors were opened and hinged. The vehicle was lowered and a dual exhaust with twin tips was added. The seats and inner door panels are covered with paint and real cloth for the center inserts. Car is painted in Mopar Satin While Pearl with a custom mix Cinnamon Pearl roof and interior trim. The Cinnamon is a combination of a few Jacquard Pearl pigment powders mixed with clear lacquer topped with Future.

6897451913_1c3a04fa33.jpg

6897452417_c52bfd4dd7.jpg

6897452701_4df87d4c51.jpg

6897452979_28824a23cd.jpg

6897453387_8b7e777c21.jpg

reat job Peter. I love the colors. How did you make the chrome spears at the front of the rear fender blisters...?? Are they plastic covered in BMF..?

Thanks...yes, I stripped off and filled in where necessary the original moldings, then made a new one from strip styrene. I measured the length, and then sanded the ends to a soft point. Once applied, the top half of the molding got a second styrene strip, much thinner glued on and all was then sanded again to round the edges. Once completed, it was covered with BMF.

• 2 weeks later...