Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freuhauf flatbed

Finishing up my spread axle flatbed. I have several more details to do on the whole unit. It's nothing fancy, just having a little fun messing with this trailer. Eventually it will be a covered wagon, the color is a Rustoleum touch up from autozone, Nissan Orange Mist CC. I have to add tool boxes between the spread.

post-8136-0-22981600-1329711516_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-94467700-1329711531_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-13984300-1329711556_thumb.jp

Thanks for the nice words! I see what you guys build and i'm not anywhere on that level..I use to build this stuff in the 70's like a lot of you guys and I just started getting back into it. Been around trucks my whole life with my Dad and now still enjoy them. Now my little boy is starting to love them too, along with Military tanks so i guess those are next. My next project is a H-67 Tandem Mack cabover with color matched spread axle covered wagon.. It's going to be a Maple red and pewter combination, with matching side boards on the flatbed...Try to keep you guys posted when I start it.

Don't laugh! but I trimmed the suspension just aft of center of the eqaulizer mount. I plan to make a new spring mount to make the forward area of the rear axle look normal. I was able to "split" the one peice molded suspension to create a scale 8' spread. Once done, I plan to install tool boxes between the spread to dress it up. It"s not the prettiest, but it did the job. Nobody will notice at 70mph..haha. I may add flaps behind the fwd axle, with KW decals.

post-8136-0-62947000-1329874073_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

If you (or anyone else) want any more of the "rolls of steel" to display it I have the ones from my trailer that I'm not using , they're no use to me (and free :) )

If you (or anyone else) want any more of the "rolls of steel" to display it I have the ones from my trailer that I'm not using , they're no use to me (and free :) )

Hey thanks for that offer! Actually, I'm okay. I had mine in my drawer while working on this. Probably will leave them off, working on side kit now for covered wagon.