Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slixx question

They have a statement on their site under their going out of business message that say's due to demand,IE first come first serve, they can't ship as fast as in the past. And I don't think they will pulll your money till they get to your order in case they sell out of something you may have ordered. Got mine last week, be patient, they won't hose ya :P

Has anyone oredered from Slixx since they announced closing down? I ordered on Feb 12th with nothing charged to my card yet. No communication from them either. I know they are prob busy but almost 8 days.

Yup. Called the day after I saw the notice, ordered some special stuff, got it a few days later.

Count me in as one who placed an order on 2/2. I talked with Becky and she said that they would fill the orders in as fast as they could and its a first come first ordered how they are doing it. I know I haven't seen my card get any charges yet for the order but I know that when they get to it they will. I have pre ordered a few of the 1/16th decals as well and know they weren't going to be ready until march sometime.

Placed an order 2/5 (Sunday evening), it was waiting for me today (2/16, Tuesday). That's not terribly long. It was short one item (I had ordered two of a particular sheet but only one was included). I checked all of the sets without header cards stapled on to make sure the second one was not in with something else, then sent Becky an e-mail. I got a prompt reply, and was told the missing sheet was still in stock and would be sent out ASAP. Great service, great product...their closing will certainly leave a void (or an opening for someone...)

This is what I got from Becky today, and it explains the delay.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order with us. Since the announcement of stopping

production of our decals and going out of business, we have overwhelmed with

orders. We are processing them in the order they are received however it

may take 2-3 weeks to get your order processed. We ask for your patience

during this time. You will not be charged for your order until it is pulled

and ready to ship out to you.

Thanks again for your support and understanding.

Becky Sisemore

Slixx Decals, Inc.

Phone (770)720-3177

Fax (770)720-3198

becky@slixx.com

http://slixx.com