Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Guitar Day

• 2 months later...

Gorgeous Axe! I have to admit that I spend most of my time playing tunes rather than building kits, so I can appreciate being excited bringing a new "baby" into the house. I just scored on an Ampeg preamp I'd been drooling over (before they discontinued it) and found it AND the matching power amp in a shop in FL. Enjoy and keep practicin!

Nice axe! Beautiful top!! My son has a Guild Blues 90, a PRS Tremonti Tribal (#50 of 100), a PRS Tremonti SE and a Yamaha accoustic / electric. Daughter has a PRS Standard 24 in a natural finish that's gorgeous. Myself, I can only handle 5 strings ( ;) ) so I've got a custom archtop banjo. We're stringheads as well as gearheads here!

Good advice to hang onto it. If I had a dollar for every story I've heard about wish I had kept it . . .

While I agree this is a model car forum, it's also a place for people to get to know each other. As someone whom has been a moderator on another forum, we would reserve the right to steer topics only when they became a 2-person conversation or were volatile. Not trying to argue, but music and cars go hand-in-hand.

We're just trying to be social. th_headbang.gif

Let me chime in here for a second.

I have hired a new moderator, yes hired, and he will remain nameless, and there is no reason or need to who the person is.

Don't even try to guess who it is, let it go.

It is something that has been needed due to childish behavior and temper tantrums that have been displayed here on the forum recently (not in this thread)

The moderator's job is to keep everyone on track, without any regard whatsoever to who, what, where, when, or why.

The hand may seem a bit heavy, but that has to be.

I do agree that we all have other interests outside of model cars, and it's great to share those with our extended ohana here, so, moderator, when we have a topic like this, we can watch it, and let our ohana share some of their other passions.

Sorry, politics and religion are not one of those passions we will allow here though :-)

Thanks for everyone's understanding, and don't get mad at the moderator, he is paid to be mean....

Just to add to what Gregg said, the "secret moderator" is NOT a forum member (I mean, aside from him being a moderator). So he has no personal stake in any other members here one way or the other... he can be completely neutral and unbiased.