Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first Model Kit - update 3/11/12

RoadRunner1083

Alex,

I picked Go Mango for my Cuda as well. I dusted my chassis and it looks pretty good. I still have to wetsand my body after another round of body work.

I'm watching this thread to see how you progress on this build :)

Cheers, Ian

Alex, I like what you've done so far. One quick tip for accuracy: On most (All?) Mopars of this vintage, the engine bay was painted the same color as the car itself. On yours, it would be fairly easy to mask this area off and spray it. It probably wouldn't hurt to mask across the bottom of the engine bay to keep paint from going through and possibly ending up back on your car.

Once the paint has dried, you can do all the detail painting etc.

Alex, I like what you've done so far. One quick tip for accuracy: On most (All?) Mopars of this vintage, the engine bay was painted the same color as the car itself. On yours, it would be fairly easy to mask this area off and spray it. It probably wouldn't hurt to mask across the bottom of the engine bay to keep paint from going through and possibly ending up back on your car.

Once the paint has dried, you can do all the detail painting etc.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I guess I have to repaint it. I just painted it black this morning, like the box art shows. Oh well, I'll just paint it a flat white and then re-spray the engine bay. I appreciate the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I thought I had finished this build and then realized there were no mirrors! Not sure how I missed spraying the side mirrors, but some how I did. Anyway here it is almost completed. I had a rough time with the first decal, but it was my fault. Oh well, it is all about learning so this is my first (almost) finished glue kit. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions along the way!

P1050010.jpg

P1050008.jpg

P1050009.jpg

P1050011.jpg

And here is a quick video of my thoughts of the build

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5Yg6IgLG0