Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP Jet Dragster

I just started this project about a week ago,it's an old Garlits Swamp Rat XXX model I built years ago.I scratch built the jet engine and the back half of the chassis.I've also used the nose piece from the Castrol T/F kit and added the ground effects lip to the lower body.More photos on my Fotki site...Enjoy!

P6070014-vi.jpg

P6080003-vi.jpg

P6080006-vi.jpg

P6070009-vi.jpg

fotki.com/gonzo64nova/

• 5 years later...

Wow you guys were really diggin to find that old build. I cant believe its been 5 years! I still have it in prime with alot more fab work done on it. I dont know what motivated me to build it but it just started to come together and the pieces started to fall into place. The engine is totally scratch built from various magic marker tubes,marker caps,1/25th wheels, copper wire and some aluminum bits. If you look closely at the side shot youll see a air cleaner duct from a truck kit.

I was at a race at Atco Raceway and some jet cars were running so I got to look them over pretty well to help out with the details.You can see some more build pics at the link below.

John- I dont mind the hijack when you share your builds, its just awesome , I am always blown away by the details in your vehicles.

http://public.fotki.com/gonzo64nova/jet-dragster-build/

Edited by gonzo64nova

• 1 year later...

Mike, now I see it was at Route 66, Duh! I haven't been there in awhile since I did the Goodguys show there in 2010(?). I was just at Great Lakes Dragaway last Saturday for the Hunnert Car Heads Up nostalgia meet. It was awesome. Goin' to Byron on July 19th for the Meltdown Drags. I really like the additions to your video as well. You live in Ottawa? I remember going to the drag boat races there a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...