Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Autocar A64B

• 1 month later...

Very nice truck!!, can you give some info about the weathering??, what kind of paint did you use??

Weghe-v.d---autocar-border.jpg

This Belgian Autocar was seen in the mid 90`s, nearly in the same shape as your project....

• 3 months later...

Very nice truck!!, can you give some info about the weathering??, what kind of paint did you use??

I use all acrylic paints aside from the metalizers. It's essentially just tons of layering. I'll try to write up a tutorial to my process soon.

Figured I'd throw up some pictures so you guys could see what mischief I've gotten up to. Let this one sit for a while, and decided on a slightly different direction.

Over on The Truckstop Gator suggested pit fenders to get around my "rusted fiberglass." I was resistant because I didn't have any pit fenders to put on it. After having it sit for a while I decided I'd do what any logger would do. Improvise.

Built the fenders from scratch intentionally making it look like a patch job. You only barely make it out, since I just used my phone to take the pics, but I used putty to make weld lines.

When it's done everything that's black will be the same red as the frame with rust throughs.

pit.jpg

fender.jpg

grey-2.jpg

paint.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yeah, For a time White owned both Diamond Reo and Autocar, and Western Star was the east coast portion of White. At that time they all used the same cab. Several AMT kits used this cab. because of that. It's found in the Autocar kits, Diamond Reo, Road Boss and White Western Star. Might be some others that I'm forgetting.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, For a time White owned both Diamond Reo and Autocar, and Western Star was the east coast portion of White. At that time they all used the same cab. Several AMT kits used this cab. because of that. It's found in the Autocar kits, Diamond Reo, Road Boss and White Western Star. Might be some others that I'm forgetting.

Thanks! Didn't know White Motors owned Autocar.