Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Feast of Snakes

Dr. Cranky

Well, as it usually happens, once Doctor Cranky falls in love with a kit, he will build several, so this is the second Shelby Cobra in progress and who knows how many more I will do. It's a wonderful and easy kit to build, certainly a blahs breaker!

Once again, I mixed my own color using metallic green with a bit of lime pearl and some Pearl Ex transference gold, transference blue, and sparkly gold.

012-vi.jpg

013-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg

You can see some of the blue shimmering here:

017-vi.jpg

Here's the completed chassis . . . just waiting on a few more parts to dry and then assembly can continue. This kit really calls out for decals. i don't know what it is, but I think I am going to put decals on this one like I did the last one, but possibly fewer and different stuff. I'm waiting on my Slixx Decals to arrive.

19-vi.jpg

22-vi.jpg

020-vi.jpg

Stay tuned in for more progress.

Well , you went in a different direction and faked me out again ! Lol ! I thought you were going to go with the dark green and lay the Spring and Medium Green over top . I really like the color , especially on that Cobra .

You're giving me ideas , gotta get rollin' once we get back from Richmond this weekend ! I can honestly say though , If I have to polish out one mote build or body this week , I'm going to step on it ! Getting these cars ready for a show is a 2 or 3 day hassle anymore .

Lookin' good , Doc ! Keep em rollin' out of the shop . I enjoy the show , that's for sure !

Edited by LoneWolf15

That's gonna look great all patina'd and rusted up, with gaping holes in the sides and ratty upholstery!

:P

Danno, I'm guilty of a similar response ... my gut reaction when I saw Docs first Cobra post was, "Cool, I've never seen one of these junked... I wonder if he remembers that the bodys are aluminum and won't rust?..." :blink:

Looking good Dr.!

Edited by Wagoneer81