Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's up with no posting?

When are people going to realize that this is a blessing. To be able to sit in front of a computer and share or see what everyone else is doing, don't you guys think that is fun? Who cares if someone comes in and tries to stir trouble or say what's in his mind? Don't like it? Ignore it, it's that easy, there are hundreds of other threads that are much more interesting than others.

I remember when we didn't have forums a few years back, I was always desperate for the next model car magazine to hit the stands so that I could be up to date with what was happening in our hobby. Nowadays, not only do I still purchase the magazines but if I happen to miss an issue, well, I have the forums, isn't that the greatest thing?

Probably some people have decided to leave the forum, others might have lost interest and there are probably hundreds of other reasons for people quiting but I look at it this way, it's their loss. When all is said and done, when you are really passionate about this hobby, you will end up in a new place with totally new issues.

Still nothing significant to do with your life, eh Flower?

Another day, another trolling attempt. You seem to resurrect this same complaint every couple of months. I never have been able to figure out what it is that got your tighty-whities in a bunch about me, or why you keep sniping at me. Can you explain?

'Above the rules of this board?' Hardly. I am held to the same standards as anyone else that posts here. And, I almost always manage to adhere to those rules. I make an occasional post that gets zapped, just like anyone else, but generally speaking, I contribute positively, articulately, and literately ~ usually with something of value to add, sometimes just to introduce a little humor.

And, that's just a couple of the reasons why I am 'still allowed to keep posting.'

I'm really sorry it bugs you so much that you couldn't figure out the 'full name' rule, or that I've always complied ... throughout the 4,200+ posts I've contributed.

Now, peace out, dude. Life's too short.

imagesCAPRVEGE-vi.jpg

And, to show there's no hard feelings, here's a friendly emoticon for you: :)

You may want to read Gregg's post on July 29 2011 about the use of emoticons. The title is Replies to post, topics, threads with nothing more than a icon or smilely face.What really got me was your post with just an icon. What was it suppose to add to this thread?I have no hard feelings about you at all.

You may want to read Gregg's post on July 29 2011 about the use of emoticons. The title is Replies to post, topics, threads with nothing more than a icon or smilely face.What really got me was your post with just an icon. What was it suppose to add to this thread?

I think Gregg and his moderators are perfectly capable of dealing with any "infractions" without self-appointed hall monitors getting involved.

But aside from that, an emoticon can convey information without the necessity of extensive typing and it can deliver that information in an instantly recognizable form without requiring the reader to process text. Those features are primary reasons for the existence of emoticons.

:mellow: = Has my attention but I have no comment.

:P = That's funny/humorous/ironic. (By the way, it was posted in response to someone else's post of an emoticon, but you didn't jump on him.)

:D = That's really funny; I'm laughing. (By the way, it was posted in response to someone else's post of an emoticon, but you didn't jump on him.)

;) = That was nicely put. (By the way, it was posted in response to someone else's post of an emoticon, but you didn't jump on him, either.)

:) = Have a nice day, Jim.

Regardless, in the spirit of not inciting your indignation in the future, I'll make every effort to never again post an emoticon without text. Promise.

I have no hard feelings about you at all.

That's good to hear. Now go forth and prove it by not being so uber-critical all the time of me or my posts. And, offer up an apology for repeatedly getting hyper about my 'full name' signature. If sincere, I'll accept it.

:)

We wlil close this thread on a positive note gentleman, as Cruz summarized my thoughts exactly:

When are people going to realize that this is a blessing. To be able to sit in front of a computer and share or see what everyone else is doing, don't you guys think that is fun? Who cares if someone comes in and tries to stir trouble or say what's in his mind? Don't like it? Ignore it, it's that easy, there are hundreds of other threads that are much more interesting than others.

I remember when we didn't have forums a few years back, I was always desperate for the next model car magazine to hit the stands so that I could be up to date with what was happening in our hobby. Nowadays, not only do I still purchase the magazines but if I happen to miss an issue, well, I have the forums, isn't that the greatest thing?

Probably some people have decided to leave the forum, others might have lost interest and there are probably hundreds of other reasons for people quiting but I look at it this way, it's their loss. When all is said and done, when you are really passionate about this hobby, you will end up in a new place with totally new issues.