Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replacement for Lookout Designs Fuel Filler

torinobradley

Picked up the Petty Torino Talladega this last weekend and looking at the pics of the real car and build-ups online, I see one build utilize the Lookout Designs fuel filler & vent. A web search (ebay too) has prooven fruitless for either the Lookout Designs pieces or pieces from someone else. Then again, maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Thus, here I am, asking those that know...

Does anyone have a source for these or reasonable alternatives?

Many thanks!

Thanks for the replies! I haven't done too many stock cars in my modeling history (last one was the Petty charger way back in the '70s) so my knowledge of them is rather limited.

Now for the kicker. I picked up the Petty Talladega this last weekend and seeing the build-ups and the pics of the real one, knew I needed to both relocate and update the gas cap & vent. Last night, got a wild hair and started cleaning off my bench and found some resin I picked up at a show about 6 months ago. I bought the resin parts for use on street rods and such. Included with them was a racing gas cap I can use with some clean up and a little file work. So, now I'm down to making or finding the vent. Looks fairly simple to scratch.

Thanks again!