Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your geegaws!

From Fujimi, here's a box full of geegaws for 1/24 (Japanese) police cars!  Recently posted this in "What Did You Get..." but here's a bigger pic.  Along with 3 different types of roof lights, the set includes 2 traffic cones; a radar gun on a tripod (easily modified into a camera or whatever); helmet; night-stick; some interior control panels/gauges; ticket-book; and a set of CHROME-PLATED handcuffs!

th3.jpg

28 minutes ago, Eshaver said:

They NEED to bring back the phone booth simply for we diorama enthusiasts !

I know, that thing is cool.

Even if it exists, they probably never will reissue it. Most people under the age of 30 won't even know what that is!

My 7 year old daughter asked her mom "What's that?" when she walked up to a PAY PHONE! ???

I told her it's an analog cellular phone. 

4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Did anyone already mention the scale phone booth molded in clear, included in th IMC Touch Tone Terror Dodge A100 truck?

I bought a Touch Tone Terror at a kit swap meet years ago, long before Lindberg made the A100/LRW kit easy to find.  It was missing some parts so I got it cheap.  One missing part was the pay phone from the booth.  The kit had all the other clear parts for the phone booth, and even the "TELEPHONE" red and white decals.

I have many phones from old 3-in-1 kits, but no pay phones.  Fujimi has released several pay phone booths but they are modern Japanese.  Then Round 2 re-issued the Sunbeam Tiger, which still has the pay phone from the "Get Smart" version.  I think that will work!

And maybe it was just my kit, but the Touch Tone Terror was a terror in other ways.  Mine was molded in an ugly translucent white, and some parts had so much flash that I had to carve them out of the sprues.  Poor quality control is nothing new in the model biz.

Edited by Mike999
error

5 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I know, that thing is cool.

Even if it exists, they probably never will reissue it. Most people under the age of 30 won't even know what that is!

My 7 year old daughter asked her mom "What's that?" when she walked up to a PAY PHONE! ???

I told her it's an analog cellular phone. 

I know what ya mean . I still have a Rotary dial phone in this office . Heck yeah , it works too !

13 hours ago, Casey said:

Who doesn't need a rescue sled, crutches, skis, ski boots and poles, a stretcher, luggage, and a snow shovel? Find and MPC '70 Pontiac Grand Prix if you do:

MPC70GranPrixGeegaws.thumb.jpg.d17111073219ec7ee988ccd9470ea7ef.jpg

Neat stuff Casey. I really like the skis and ski boots....

16 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Did anyone already mention the scale phone booth molded in clear, included in th IMC Touch Tone Terror Dodge A100 truck?

IMC-119-2.jpg.84b2805c0f87d08f540f1cc3c4f708a2.jpg

IMC-119-4.jpg.a63cc7bf3e10250c069955ae462dcc28.jpg

I need to find the phone company parts and decals from this kit for one of my dream projects....one would think that since they can re-issue the Little Red Wagon kit they could..?   I loved this kit ...!

1 hour ago, disabled modeler said:

I need to find the phone company parts and decals from this kit for one of my dream projects....one would think that since they can re-issue the Little Red Wagon kit they could..?   I loved this kit ...!

I'm pretty sure Round2 had announced this for reissue a couple years ago, but then cancelled it. Bummer

21 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I'm pretty sure Round2 had announced this for reissue a couple years ago, but then cancelled it. Bummer

That is a major bummer....id liked to have gotten the parts I need for my dream project so i can build it...plus it would have been nice to get some to revisit some of my childhood days to build both versions of the kit as well....bummer.  id even be happy with just the box for one to have to put on my wall.

• 4 months later...
On 12/20/2012 at 9:00 PM, signguy2108 said:

MPC '69 Bonneville hardtop, it has a canoe, 2 paddles, scuba tanks, spear gun and a frame mounted trailer hitch.

5b881bc2c712a_s-l1600(8).jpg.eaf7b1d14c454a6e3ce23d6a9e9e44b5.jpg

The rear fender skirts and the ridiculously sky-high suspension is a nice combo :lol::

5b881bc1e62bc_s-l1600(7).jpg.75f58426eb0b5bccf8ff33c6dffe6dbd.jpg

Edited by Casey

It must be the week for resurrecting Zombie Threads.  Not a complaint, I think it's fun.

Here's a neat bunch of geegaws for anyone building an AMT '25 T Fruit Wagon or similar farm-to-market truck: veggies, fruits, cheeses, breads, wooden crates, 2 buckets, wicker baskets, sacks, an umbrella...and probably a partridge in a pear tree. 

Preiser Kit No.  45207 "Market Accessories."  Sometimes available from HobbyLinc (the U.S. company, not HLJ).  I just checked and they're out of stock right now.  These are not pre-painted like the photo; they come molded in different colors. Mostly tan-yellow and dark brown plastic, with white for the umbrella and silver for its frame. And red for the buckets.

vegs.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 11:31 AM, Casey said:

5b881bc2c712a_s-l1600(8).jpg.eaf7b1d14c454a6e3ce23d6a9e9e44b5.jpg

The rear fender skirts and the ridiculously sky-high suspension is a nice combo :lol::

5b881bc1e62bc_s-l1600(7).jpg.75f58426eb0b5bccf8ff33c6dffe6dbd.jpg

Casey....That is way too cool to see again....I have the car from my dad sold collection but due to storm damage it needs the body and glass sadly.    Very cool old box art too...you know these would sell like mad if they put them back out for us all.

Just noticed the "mascot" on the AMT '64 Comet Caliente instruction sheet. Was this mascot a 1/25 scale dog or one of the smaller animals to be displayed on the package tray or rear seat?

*edit* Just noticed it among the yellow parts...15" or so long compared to the steering wheels, so full size...puppy?

AMT64CometYellowInstr.jpg.9cfd4d81f2d24379c1d44ae1cf6c5afe.jpg 

AMT64CometYellow.JPG.c3e72a0abf8bdebcc91b43b5d45553d7.JPG

Edited by Casey