Let's see your geegaws!

6 hours ago, Casey said:

...which originated(?) in the MPC 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix kit?:

MPC21691969GrandPrixGG1-vi.jpg

Still found in the MPC 1970 Pontiac Grand Prix kit:

MPC1970GrandPrixGG1-vi.jpg

...and some parts still remained in the MPC 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix kit:

MPC72GrandPrixGG1-vi.jpg

With those Skis it's a good thing they included the Stretcher and Crutches. Do you know if the Canoe is included in the reissue of the Pontiac Bonneville ?  

I am working on a pair of Jeepsters and found six rifles and a surfboard!

8ED8F621-62F5-4758-8A84-F0F2561A8ECB.jpeg.a2c6e5a1a60e6ad07deaf3ed472b7124.jpeg

And in making your own accessories, I created the baby car seat to match the one we owned when my kids were little. I started with a small bucket seat from the Deora kit. I sanded the sides flat and added the side pieces from Evergreen sheet. The buckle was made from two small pieces of Evergreen strip, with edges rounded. Add two strips of ribbon and you have a convincing car seat. Teddy bear was an edible cake decoration piece, painted appropriately.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 12:17 PM, Tom Geiger said:

I am working on a pair of Jeepsters and found six rifles and a surfboard!

8ED8F621-62F5-4758-8A84-F0F2561A8ECB.jpeg.a2c6e5a1a60e6ad07deaf3ed472b7124.jpeg

And in making your own accessories, I created the baby car seat to match the one we owned when my kids were little. I started with a small bucket seat from the Deora kit. I sanded the sides flat and added the side pieces from Evergreen sheet. The buckle was made from two small pieces of Evergreen strip, with edges rounded. Add two strips of ribbon and you have a convincing car seat. Teddy bear was an edible cake decoration piece, painted appropriately.

Very nicely done Tom!

• 1 month later...
On Monday, June 08, 2020 at 10:55 PM, Casey said:

Accessories make a lot of sense when the trunklid (boot) is designed from the beginning to open and a separate trunk compartment is provided, too, as in the JO-HAN 1965 Rambler American:

Carried over from the JO-HAN 1964 Rambler American Hardtop kit...:

JOHAN1964RamblerAmericanHT4-vi.jpg

On 5/7/2020 at 8:02 PM, espo said:

With those Skis it's a good thing they included the Stretcher and Crutches. Do you know if the Canoe is included in the reissue of the Pontiac Bonneville ?  

The Bonneville coupe was only car with the canoe IIRC. 1969-70

MPC1969PontiacBonnevilleHTboxaPhoto: MPC1969PontiacBonnevilleHTboxb | MPC 1969 Pontiac ...

photofile-vi.jpg

1970 Pontiac Bonneville Hardtop (3 'n 1) (1/25) (rs) beauty c. 19701970 Pontiac Bonneville Hardtop (3 'n 1) (1/25) (rs) beauty c. 1970

• 6 months later...

I remember that one of the Pontiacs had a fifth wheel, clear fuel bottle, traffic cones, and either a clip board or dash mounted monitoring instruments- I forget if Road and Track or Motor Trend did the performance evaluations with this equipment. I also have two suit cases filled with molded in tools from the MPC Ford J car (Lemans required "luggage"). Revell offered a parts pack of display accessories in chrome with tools, creeper, engine stand, stanchions and bases, and chrome "rope" to thread through the stanchions. It was so stiff the stanchions had to be glued down or they would go every which way!

42 minutes ago, Paul Payne said:

I remember that one of the Pontiacs had a fifth wheel, clear fuel bottle, traffic cones, and either a clip board or dash mounted monitoring instruments- I forget if Road and Track or Motor Trend did the performance evaluations with this equipment. I also have two suit cases filled with molded in tools from the MPC Ford J car (Lemans required "luggage"). Revell offered a parts pack of display accessories in chrome with tools, creeper, engine stand, stanchions and bases, and chrome "rope" to thread through the stanchions. It was so stiff the stanchions had to be glued down or they would go every which way!

The AMT 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix had the fifth wheel, clear fuel test bottle, test gauges, tape recorder and traffic cones.  The reissue that came out a few years ago included this equipment.

Edited by carrucha