Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your geegaws!

I'd like to see the off-the-wall knickknacks that used to come with kits. Telephones, reel-to-reel tape machines, TVs, box radios come to mind but I know there are many more. Custom made bits would be interesting too, but mostly the kit supplied oddballs. Prefer not body parts like skirts, pans, continentals unless it's something too weird to pass up.

Mike, this is a wonderful thread idea. I usually put all the stuff aside as I find it in the different kits. Engine stand, Michelin men, all kinds of other trinkets which I normally end up using when I build dioramas . . . AMT surely had a knack for including lots of that fluff in their kits. I've always loved the extras goodies. It made opening those kits feel like you were opening the treat in a Cracker Jacks box. :D

The old AMT 57 Chevy that was last re-issued (that I'm aware of anyway) as the Boyd Coddington version came with a decent engine display stand, a baby alligator, and a trophy, If I'm not mistaken.

Didn't the Revell 49 Merc have trophy, too?

Edited by Nate

O K , here is a combination of scratch built and kit supplied :

closedetailofbackwallTiresbeltsworktable.jpg

The tire beader and the bench itself is scratched

100_0024.jpg

The figures are kit supplied . the cigarette machine on the right was scratched as well as the oil cans and Dr. Pepper clock

2ndviewofshopMay2010.jpg

With the exception of the one figure of me , it's all scratch built

Batterychargerandbatteries.jpg

The batteries came from kits , meanwhile I scratch built everything else

Ed Shaver

Didn't the "Touch Tone Terror" (disguised Little Red Wagon kit) come with a phone booth?

Yes id did, also a utility rack to make a stock Telephone service truck. The LRW also had a engine crate.

The Amt 49 Merc had a chrome crank also along with tools. There were all sorts of animals included in the older kits. Also tapedecks tv's, helmets, tools, surfboards, water toys like ski's, scuba tanks, fins, all sorts of trophies. The Outlaw by Revel had the biggest trophy I remember,having 3-4 tiers, with all sorts of little ornaments. Also the gangster series from MPC had guns of all sorts.

These came from parts I've inherited so the experts could elaborate on what kits. Did someone mention the baby alligator? Pretty sure this particular sample didn't come from the Coddington series.

Croc2.jpg

Croc1.jpg

The AMT brand tube radio. Must stand for Amplitude Modulation Technology.

Radio.jpg

The White House party crashers from the Revell '57 Cadillac Eldorado.

Couple.jpg

The first aid kit, which apparently was recovered from a plane crash.

FirstAid.jpg

The old AMT 57 Chevy that was last re-issued (that I'm aware of anyway) as the Boyd Coddington version came with a decent engine display stand, a baby alligator, and a trophy, If I'm not mistaken.

Didn't the Revell 49 Merc have trophy, too?

I turned the alligator into ..Spot Munster Jr..added wings and backbone spikes and a collar

100_1062-vi.jpg

Mini bikes are bonus in baja beast and a mudder truck

101_0858-vi.jpg

and here are some "modified" trophies

101_0720-vi.jpg

James aka Joker

I turned the alligator into ..Spot Munster Jr..added wings and backbone spikes and a collar

100_1062-vi.jpg

Mini bikes are bonus in baja beast and a mudder truck

101_0858-vi.jpg

and here are some "modified" trophies

101_0720-vi.jpg

James aka Joker

hey James what kit did the ford pickup come from? I'd love to find one and add to my ford collection.