[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Lunajammer

Let's see your geegaws!

The AMT 1964 Continental Hardtop kit contains some rather unique items-- driver figure (looks like the man from the '65(?) Imperial?), shortwave radio, a bar with clear glasses, flower vases, two suitcases, and what the heck is a front bumper mounted water bag used for?:

AMT1964ContinentalHTgeegaws.jpg.1263acc0cd6fafcf47ee9fe70ab5f7f0.jpg

AMT1964ContinentalHTgeegaws2.jpg.714813dec842355fe2b542809325cb49.jpg

AMT1964ContinentalHTgeegaws3.jpg.c066df949a9130ba1d2dcef3e8c6703b.jpg

30 minutes ago, Casey said:

The AMT 1964 Continental Hardtop kit contains some rather unique items-- driver figure (looks like the man from the '65(?) Imperial?), shortwave radio, a bar with clear glasses, flower vases, two suitcases, and what the heck is a front bumper mounted water bag used for?:

I've seen old photos of cars w/ water bags, apparently it was a traveling through the desert thing from the past.

http://10engines.blogspot.com/2009/05/radiator-water-bag.html

14 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I've seen old photos of cars w/ water bags, apparently it was a traveling through the desert thing from the past.

http://10engines.blogspot.com/2009/05/radiator-water-bag.html

For desert crossings when no service stations or water sources  and very little or any other traffic available. In case of overheating it could save your life.

4 hours ago, Casey said:

AMT1964ContinentalHTgeegaws.jpg.1263acc0cd6fafcf47ee9fe70ab5f7f0.jpg

AMT1964ContinentalHTgeegaws2.jpg.714813dec842355fe2b542809325cb49.jpg

AMT1964ContinentalHTgeegaws3.jpg.c066df949a9130ba1d2dcef3e8c6703b.jpg

Are these in the present rerelease of the Lincoln Continental ?

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Are these in the present rerelease of the Lincoln Continental ?

Only the luggage rack, two telephones and a tape recorder remain as geegaws/extras:

nental_Nostalgic_Series_Page_2-vi.jpg

Edited by Casey

I need to dig out my '61 & '62 Continentals and check, but I remember the '61s having some sort of square switch box with 4-6 switches or buttons on the top side w/ a slot in between.  Both of my '61 convertibles (acquired as buildups) have it glued in the center of the back seat, no idea what it is. 

On 2/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, Rob Hall said:

I need to dig out my '61 & '62 Continentals and check, but I remember the '61s having some sort of square switch box with 4-6 switches or buttons on the top side w/ a slot in between.  Both of my '61 convertibles (acquired as buildups) have it glued in the center of the back seat, no idea what it is. 

It's a "refreshment bar", according to the instruction sheet, shown here:

I don't recall if this was posted earlier in this topic, but the refreshment bars are mentioned in this 1961 AMT ad::

a4527d1bc7158831d96de1c920253a89--model-

Could be.  The part in my Lincolns looks like a car battery but larger, w two rows of buttons w a slot between.  Edit: yes, I see it in the Feb 10 post of the Lincoln instructions.  Like an ice bucket I guess. 

Edited by Rob Hall