Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East. Just eight weeks to go.

Show rods and showroom stock. Plus a web theme you can find at the site. Thousands of models on display and many of the posters from this board. Plus the hobby's best aftermarket vendors in one place. Donn Yost, Jimmy Flintstone, Don Holthaus, Matt Wells, Bob Korunow- too many to name. I'm told Slixx will be there this year. Don't forget the Friday night get-together at the Cheeseburger In Paradise adjacent to the hotel. It's been known to generate a laugh or two. We may even be honored by a certain magazine editor who has been know to show up in the past. How can you resist?

http://www.nnleast.com/cover_2012.jpg

Barring any unforseen circumstances I DO believe that I will be there... I'm looking forward to another GREAT Show and to seeing so many great modeling friends again (and maybe making some more new ones). I know I'll be visiting a few of the AWESOME vendors and will be going home with some great buys, some priceless memories and hopefully a lot of inspiration for my next builds.

EIGHT WEEKS !?!?!?!?!

Jeeeeezzz.... I was hoping to get something done. We've had an unbelievably rough month of February and model building was way-down on the priority list. Either way, NNL East is,relatively speaking, in my backyard and I've only missed about 6 since it started. It's a must-see event.

Amy & myself are looking forward to seeing you Rich, along with everyone else I haven't seen, or met yet. It's always a great day out.

Years ago I used to drive from NYC to Baltimore, Md, meet up with friends from Md./Pa. and continue out to Toledo. Only did it twice, but well worth the experience. If there's any way you can get out here....do it. It's well worth the experience.

On average, over 1,500 models. Yeow-za!

I really wanted to go this year because i have never been to a show, But it is 2-1/2 hour drive, bummer.

My buddy Tom V. is driving up to me on Thursday(I live just north of Pittsburgh) from Hendersonville, NC (That's a 7 hour drive). Then on Friday we drive to the NNL hotel in NJ (That's roughly another 6 hour drive.) Then on Sunday, we'll leave NJ and be driving back to Tom's place in NC (That's roughly another 10 hour drive.) So, yeah, we'll be in the car for awhile... but IT'S ALL WORTH IT...!!!