Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Great Dane reefer update

Dave Metzner

I have first test shots of the Great Dane reefer. I've built two of them - there are a few fit issues to be addressed but for the most part it goes together well.

Here are a few shots of them - the one with extended landing gear had one leg of the landing gear that got bent over and not noticed until after I'd put the camera away - it has been fixed..

If everything goes according to plan kits should ship from the factory around the end of April and be on store shelves by end of May.

003-M.jpg

002-M.jpg

006-M.jpg

013-M.jpg

018-M.jpg

025-M.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Only the front and rear walls will be chrome.

There will be decals - one option being Erb Transport as they run lots of Great Dane reefers and lots of International Tractors - this will give you the trailer to match your LoneStar if you chose to paint it in Erb livery. There will be a second option - Honestly I haven't seen it yet so I can't say what it'll be.

I'll turn one of the test shots over and shoot the bottom of it tomorrow - try to get photos posted in the next couple days for those who want to see what would be the greasy parts.

Dave

Only the front and rear walls will be chrome.

There will be decals - one option being Erb Transport as they run lots of Great Dane reefers and lots of International Tractors - this will give you the trailer to match your LoneStar if you chose to paint it in Erb livery. There will be a second option - Honestly I haven't seen it yet so I can't say what it'll be.

I'll turn one of the test shots over and shoot the bottom of it tomorrow - try to get photos posted in the next couple days for those who want to see what would be the greasy parts.

Dave

Thank you Dave!!!!!!

Looks really nice. Looks like there is some nice detail relief on the front bulk head and rear door panel. It looks like the trailer glad hand mounting plate is recessed. No doubt you will have the proper decals for the Thermo King SB unit. It's good that you don't include molded - in wire and hose details so you can leave it up to the modeler to add the real thing for maximum authenticity! I'm not concerned about the plating since I will strip what's on the kit off any way. Kit plating is always to thick and obscures the fine molded detail. Air brushed Alclad or Bare Metal Foil will achieve the thinness most realistic plating possible. Besides, those rear door latches and hinges need to be painted and highlighted anyway.

It would be nice if Micro Scale would start offering some actually and accurate trucking company decals in 1/25th scale for this kit.

Edited by chuckyr