Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Great Dane reefer update

Dave Metzner

Nothing to report regarding future plans for more trailer kits. There are a couple things we'd like to do. We'll make more solid plans after we get this one done and on the store shelves.

as to gap between trailer and top of tractor frame - When it's on the LoneStar is just clear the tops of the rubber flaps on the 1/4 fenders.

I don't think that you'd want it to sit too much lower.

No rivets on the front wall once you have the reefer unit on it ther's not much left to see.

• 5 weeks later...

That trailer is GREAT!! I'm not sure if you mentioned it before, but will it have ERB markings like the Lonestar? I've been noticing ERB trucks while on the road and noticed most of their trailers are these Great Danes. I'd love to build a nice ERB Lonestar and trailer after I figure out someway to build while I'm living in the house that Peterbilt! :lol:

Also, I notice you live in Mishawaka. Maybe sometime we could meet up and you can get some ideas for hopefully a couple more future Moebius kits, a 2012 Peterbilt 386 and Wabash 53 foot dry van with Werner markings! :lol:;)

• 3 weeks later...

You guys seen this trailer fully built and decorated on Tim's trucks site? It's a looker! I could imagine one with the sides all finished with baremetal foil... It sure looks good without joints down the sides and roof. Tons of customs are going to be built off this kit. 3 axles, 3 axles with lift axle, no reefer unit, spread axles with tool boxes, custom painted ones, trains, stainless sides, you name it. Now if I could just get myself to build a tractor to put in front of one!

I agree with you man this thing can go sooooo many ways when it comes to building one up.

I'm waiting for one for a custom O/O KW that I have planned.

Any idea of a release date Dave?