Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Great Dane reefer update

Dave Metzner

Ya know, it was FUN seeing to it that John Dezan got to build the first test shot Great Dane! I asked for a set of the test shots from Dave Metzner, he sent them--I reboxed them and sent them to John. John pulled out all the stops, built and finished that trailer in less than 2 days--told me he was turned into a "rock star" at Granby, Quebec, and he certainly was accorded that at NNL East (particularly in the lobby of the Ramada after Cheeseburgers!

For those coming in late: I also supplied John with my sample production kit of the Lonestar, which he proceeded to use to entertain all the truck modelers here on MCM a year ago. Together with the Great Dane 53' trailer, the whole rig is not only HUGE, it's impressive as H*LL!

Art

• 1 month later...

Mr Dave,

When I first saw the pictures of the test shots you have build, I said to my self that this kit will become a best seller.

I am fully respect yours and your colleagues work, working on new truck subjects and ofcourse I am respect all the money that moebius is putting on. I wish all the best.

Early today I was thinking about how to ask for a new subject and I have to say that your post make it easy for me. As I strongly believe that all moebius truck models will succeed, I was thinking if it is early enough for the next trailer. What about a modern 53FT container trailer (intermodal, sea can, you name it)??? I believe that this kind of trailer should be an interesting subject for most of the truck modellers and since there is not any US container trailer availiable exept the italeri's 40ft European trailer, I believe that this could also be a best seller. Most important is that, as far as I can understant by my zero knowlegde about molds, it woudn't be difficult or complecated to create a 53FT contaner trailer. How this sounds to you???

I still want to dream for new Peterbilt kits, like 386 & 389......

Wish you all the best,

Kostas.

I second this a 53' container trailor would be the way to go with smooth sides and tridam axel.

crazy licensing ... t-k should be proud that a model company is doing one of their reefers! they cannot say yes to some decals for us to enjoy an exact replica... but NO they want $$$$$.way to go TK poor decision.

i'm glad that where i work we have CARRIER reefers on our trucks&trailers.

I want one of these. Is this done in Single section sides, top, bottom like the Old AMT 40 ft box van??

I have an Italeri Box van & a Heller Canvas top trailer, and both are Split section,

2 pieces for each side, top & bottom plates. Not easy to hide those seams!!

I want one of these. Is this done in Single section sides, top, bottom like the Old AMT 40 ft box van??

I have an Italeri Box van & a Heller Canvas top trailer, and both are Split section,

2 pieces for each side, top & bottom plates. Not easy to hide those seams!!

I believe these are done in 1 piece sides from what I read earlier in the post or somewhere else?? but I am pretty sure they're done in 1 piece.

any update on release dates Dave?

Chad

Thermo King did not refuse to license their logos for our kit, it's simply a case that we overlooked contacting them - and do not have time to go thru with Thermo King licensing at this late date.

Yes the sides, floor, and roof, of the trailer are one piece moldings.

Release date - current schedule looks like shipping in August - arrival late August - possibly early - mid September.

ProStar is just staring tooling now - I don't expect to see a first test shot before late July - early August - If everything goes well, Kits may be available Early 4th quarter this year..

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

awesome I can't wait! I just built a kenworth that needs a trailer.....as well as a few other trucks that need trailers. any sneak peeks on any other kits you may be offering sometime soon Dave?

Chad

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to look at your SmugMug photo album but it's showing a message saying that the photos I'm wanting to see are no longer there? Did you delete your account or are they just have problems with their site? Any updates on the Great Dane or Prostar?

Thanks!

Edited by Ben