Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner build

i like your choice. as for pinstripes you can try, yellow??

have you decided on the frame color?

keep us posted along the way of your build.

thanks for sharing.

Yellow? sounds different for sure....Not sure yet! a color like that is cool to break it up!..I'm thinking maybe even a Bronze? Thanks for the nice words..

Yellow? sounds different for sure....Not sure yet! a color like that is cool to break it up!..I'm thinking maybe even a Bronze? Thanks for the nice words..

i like your choice. as for pinstripes you can try, yellow??

have you decided on the frame color?

keep us posted along the way of your build.

thanks for sharing.

Maybe gloss black chassis and Pewter on the fuel tanks.

Very nice color combination and paint scheme on the 'Shaker. Cab stretch looks good too; looking forward to seeing it on its' chassis.

Actually it's the factory AMT cab with no stretch. It does look like it though in the photo. Thanks for all the compliments..Haven't done anything in a couple days, getting some ideas together. Just ordered my Chemical Leaman decals for the Acid trailer i plan on building, ordered an extra set for another one i want to build too. Plan on a late 70's Owner Operator theme. My dad use to pull for an Owner Operator for Coastal Chemical (Akron, Ohio), in 1978 with a 110" K-100 so, I think I'm going to build this one for Dad..He can put it in his garage, he's building a 32 Ford 5 window Coupe in his garage, so he can put it on the shelf by his toolbox.

Been doing a few things since last week. I recieved my Chemical Leaman decals from Model Truckin.com, they are beautiful!..The overall look I wanted was a late 70's Owner Operator tractor, so that is why The Company decal is not on the door. I basically have it mocked up for some pics..I plan on straight pipes and dual air breathers behind the cab..I seen one at a show years ago and the real tractor looked sharp. I stretched the chassic a scale 25" and pushed the fuel tanks back and even with each other...So much more to do.. I plan on scratch building an Acid trailer and adding the other Chemical Leaman decals.

post-8136-0-14897500-1331086704_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-48541800-1331086722_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-24048900-1331086764_thumb.jp

post-8136-0-85008500-1331086856_thumb.jp

Lookin' good! This is going to look mean with the twin snorkels...

Thanks! long way to go, actually i may try to mount two conventional chrome breathers behind the cab half way up the sleeper I seen it on a Transtar cabover and it looked real cool..I will try to find the pic and post it.

Thanks! long way to go, actually i may try to mount two conventional chrome breathers behind the cab half way up the sleeper I seen it on a Transtar cabover and it looked real cool..I will try to find the pic and post it.

I think that Tim's got at least one Freightliner on his site with 2 breathers. Take a look. Any cabover looks cool with twin breathers and dual exhaust for all I care!

Edited by Z06Bob

Very nice work on the paint and stripe job. This truck is going to look very cool when complete. I really like cabovers.

Thanks so much..You have some real cool trucks too!..I grew up around Cabovers with my Dad, and I drove them too after serving in the Military. My dad had Emeryvilles and H-67's and later ran Transtars and K-100's among a hundred other trucks over his career. I'm very partial to them also, but anything mechanical and moves equipment is cool anyway. He's now retired and busy building his dream 32 Ford 5 window in the garage.