Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Plymouth Pickup - 03/07/12 update

Thanks Brian, Doc and C Betts. Greatly appreciate all of the comments!

I think this one warrants a nice shiny coat of something to help it really stand out. For some reason, UPS brown is asking to be used on this one. I have some Folk Art Coffee Bean acrylic that would fit the bill.

Tim

Thanks guys! Future is on. Might need another coat. Old paint lines are showing through in a few spots as I didn't strip it. Hoped the sanding between primer coats would have done it. So will most likely try to make it look like a DIY garage rod as opposed to a shop rod with flawless finish. Will get pictures later. Karate testing now, so won't be home for a while.

Thanks Wayne and Jason. Greatly appreciated!

Working on sanding out, hopefully for the last time, putty on the rear fenders. Then get the bed in color and clear early tomorrow and hopefully together for the most part for a show and contest on Sunday.

Tim

Latest update. Had to strip the brown. Wasn't looking so hot. Only had black primer, so that's how it sits now. Also got these resin whitewalls in a trade w/other stuff with Danny (85gt4bbl302). The wheels are from the Monogram 55 Ford Panel. Had to sand the outside edge to get them to fit inside. Still need a little work to fit perfectly.

DSC_3665.jpg

This one is a little dark...

DSC_3670.jpg

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks guys! I was going for a stock look for this conversion. Wonder if anyone would like to make a resin copy? :-)

Will most likely keep it flat black while I finish everything else and save color for last. Keeping it flat is tough if its to be handled/moved much.

Tim