Model Cars Magazine Forum

When good money goes bad! Update 3/3/12

justin2020

Here is what I have been up to. First up interior

I picked out the door panels and the front seat from the parts box. I think they are from the 36 Ford not sure though.

P1050588.jpg

I am going to cover up the panels with my own design.

I also filled in the back of the seat.

P1050589.jpg

Next I was able to find these blue stones that I think scream 1%

P1050587.jpg

The dash was next to get a update. The dash was from the parts box, some year Corvette.

P1050584.jpg

P1050586.jpg

Not to sure about this. Tried to make it look more realistic. I hollowed it out then filled it with styrene strips

P1050585.jpg

That is all for now. Thanks for following along.

Not to put a dampner on this, but do you know that you have to have written permission from Rolls Royce before you do any work on one of their vehicles no matter it's age, they also have to be inspected before, during & after any work is completed... :huh:

Looking great though, yet another build for me to follow... :)

It looks great. Andrew I think thats sad that there that controlling of their product.

When I left schoolin '82 I went to work in a body shop, we had a Silver Shadow come in for some body work to be done, and before we could even touch it someone from Rolls had to come out and view each and every bit of work we did, no bondo was to be used it had to be all lead filled, plus, to move it to and from the owners home it was trailered, it had to be under a cover, very anal...

When I left schoolin '82 I went to work in a body shop, we had a Silver Shadow come in for some body work to be done, and before we could even touch it someone from Rolls had to come out and view each and every bit of work we did, no bondo was to be used it had to be all lead filled, plus, to move it to and from the owners home it was trailered, it had to be under a cover, very anal...

I guess that I can understand why they do it that way. If I paid that much for a car I would want the best service for the entire life of the car. Maybe I will send them a picture of the final build and see if I get a response.

Edited by justin2020

I would not worry the least on any kind of approval as this is a model kit. Not so sure how Rolls could even hold an owner accountable for the repairs to thei vehicle, unless it is something they as a company are paying for or subsidising etc. If you own it, it is yours, beat it with a sledge if you like and use it in your yard as a decoration. (My wife's ex-parent's in law have one, and treat it like ######, it was left to them in a will)

Now, if you are a repair shop, and you want to maintain your "authorized RR repair" status, that would be a different issue. That falls back on the shop, not the customer.

Sorry about that I even checked the spelling before I posted.

Thank you for all of the nice comments. I am think that I need to pie cut the deck lid to make it a little more stream line. What do you all of you think? Tonight I hope to turn the hood from a two piece to a single piece and a few other things. Does anyone know what it a good fat/wide white wall tire. I do not want to rod my only good set from my Revell 49 Merc.

Thanks again.

I was in at the local "Wally World" (Walmart) & saw a "Limited Edition" Jada die-cast of a '72 Chevy Pick-up that has a beautiful set of wide whites, they are on a set of chrome wheels with "baby moon" caps,with the centers of the wheels in red. really nice tires, even though the wheels might not be what you're looking for, they do go along with the "lead sled" look. Oh, by the way, nice build!

Edited by horsepower

Wonder if this one was a "factory approved" version...

Found it in someones Billetproof blog and thought it might inspire.

That is AWESOME!!!!! The paint scheme will be the same but just different colors. Thanks for posting it. It has given me great motivation.