Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 RAMCHERO! ..... Deals Wheels Style Ford Pick-Up! 5-11-12

I've got a similar project in the works, only I didn't shorten the cab area and the front end is removed completely. I'll be tagging along for sure!

Sounds a little like a shortened Lil' Red Wagon!

Will it have an engine in the rear?

Any photos yet?

Ira, I love this. You are possessed of a rare styrene genius! Keep it going. I've got the pop corn popping!

Couldn't agree more. This is like watching a great movie, where you're riveted to the screen waiting to see what's gonna happen next. Don't forget the butter, Doc'.

I'm loving this - you have my blessing!

Also, I realize this isn't a factory stock build (haha), but if you don't mind a little "rivet counting" from me: I recommend sanding that lip at the rear of the cab roof flush. All the AMT Rancheros have it, but it ain't right and as the owner of a 1/1, it sticks out like a sore thumb to my eyes. Take a look at a photo of the real thing and you'll soon see what I'm talking about.

Another cool DW style build from Ira!

EXCELLENT!

You've inspired me to do a build like this as I've mentioned before...I've got one going, and I'll be watching yours! ;)

Thanks Jeff!

Any progress photos of your Build yet?

As a major Falcon nut, I'm I'm all the way on this one. Already reminds me of the drawings I used to make in school when I really should have been doing something else.

-MJS

That's Funny... I did that too! :D

That's insane - in a good way! Really creative design. When I saw your fifth photo, I was thinking fill in the wheel wells like an old Nash, but your idea looks cool!

Sam

Thanks for the kind words Sam, Glad you like it! B)