Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 RAMCHERO! ..... Deals Wheels Style Ford Pick-Up! 5-11-12

Ira you are a mad man. I mean that with the upmost respect :). I have been wanting to do a deals wheels take on a modern sports car but I'm not that good so I'll sit here an drool over yours.

Thanks Shane!

Why not give it a try? Cut up a Sports Car Body, It's Only Plastic.... B)

Far be it for a mere mortal to give you advice, but since you asked...I like the weathered Baja 500 idea. I'd like to see you "muddy" something up!

Thanks Bart!

Yeah, I think it might get a little Muddy around here later...

I'm loving this - you have my blessing!

Also, I realize this isn't a factory stock build (haha), but if you don't mind a little "rivet counting" from me: I recommend sanding that lip at the rear of the cab roof flush. All the AMT Rancheros have it, but it ain't right and as the owner of a 1/1, it sticks out like a sore thumb to my eyes. Take a look at a photo of the real thing and you'll soon see what I'm talking about.

Thanks Steve!

I hated that trim anyway, glad to see it go! :lol:

Edited by Ira

I've got to say, I'm pretty much "box-stock" aside from minor details like opening up doors/convertible-tops/trunks/etc. and only build Corvette models, but I still love seeing what others can come up with. This is looking amazing. Can't wait to see the final build of this. Again, while it's not something that I would do, I still love seeing others do this. Seeing this forces me to go and make sure that the simple things (removing mold lines, sink marks, gaps, etc.) are done properly on my cars. Awesome job!

This officially went from (on a scale of 1 to 10) about an 8 to a solid 14.5 once the Deal's Wheels parts entered the picture. B)

Thank you Chuck!

Yeah, the Z-28 sides really make this design work for me too!

SPREADIN' SOME MUD...

After the excess plastic was removed I spread Squadron Putty along all the seams. This makes the body very strong and it looks much better after its sanded.

Don't use too much putty, it will melt plastic...

DSCN4070R.jpg

Edited by Ira

I've got to say, I'm pretty much "box-stock" aside from minor details like opening up doors/convertible-tops/trunks/etc. and only build Corvette models, but I still love seeing what others can come up with. This is looking amazing. Can't wait to see the final build of this. Again, while it's not something that I would do, I still love seeing others do this. Seeing this forces me to go and make sure that the simple things (removing mold lines, sink marks, gaps, etc.) are done properly on my cars. Awesome job!

Thanks so much Justin! :)