Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 RAMCHERO! ..... Deals Wheels Style Ford Pick-Up! 5-11-12

i love it!!!! want one!!! i have been a Zinger fan since day one!!!! are you going to accentuate the falcon front cove right in front of the front wheel arches? i kinda think it needs to be there and not get lost, know what i mean?

sooooo cool!

inspiring!

wow just came across this, pretty cool and a lot of ambition to boot! Love the idea and all of your hard work to pull it off way to go can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks Darren, Glad you like it so far!

B)

I'm new to this post. wOw... that was brilliant Ira, to graft on those those side pieces! The result just looks "right." (saved a lot of work too, way to go.)

Thanks Roger!

Yeah, I had a choice to either put the fenders on the Ranchero or put the Ranchero on the fenders.

This way worked out pretty good!

B)

Having seen a few of your other similar builds, I've been following this one from Day One. Now you've gone and done it! You've got me thinking about doing the same thing to a Corvair! The fenders from the same Camaro, same basic shortening treatment to the body (with a possible windshield chop as well, laving the roof stock height toward the back), a blown Zinger V-8 out back, etc, etc...

i love it!!!! want one!!! i have been a Zinger fan since day one!!!! are you going to accentuate the falcon front cove right in front of the front wheel arches? i kinda think it needs to be there and not get lost, know what i mean?

sooooo cool!

inspiring!

Thanks for the kind words Mike!

I'm not sure how much of the original Ranchero details will stay or return at this point... :huh:

:D

Having seen a few of your other similar builds, I've been following this one from Day One. Now you've gone and done it! You've got me thinking about doing the same thing to a Corvair! The fenders from the same Camaro, same basic shortening treatment to the body (with a possible windshield chop as well, laving the roof stock height toward the back), a blown Zinger V-8 out back, etc, etc...

Sounds Great Jim!!!

When you get some photos ready, you can enter the CAR-TOONS CONTEST!

041109CoolCruise2009495-vi.jpg

Edited by Ira

On my limited budget, finding the Deal's Z-28 might be a problem. I'm tempted to just go ahead and rough it out with sheet stock and Bondo. I have plenty of AMT '69 Corvair bodies to play with, including more than a few damaged glue bombs ripe for the cutting.

I've seen the blown '64 Monza Spyder in the photo above online and have downloaded about half a dozen pics of the car for future reference. This car was my inspiration forone I'm building for the "Vintage Racing" (or whatever it's called) CBP. Nobody actually raced a car like that that I know of, but it definitely could have been done. Mine will be based on the '69 model, backdated to a '66, with a straight axle up front.

I'm not Lane but may I suggest any of the "Grabber" colors, I think this would look good in "Grabber Green"...

BTW Great Job!!!

Thanks for your suggestion!

Right now, I am thinking about Metalic Lavender with Inca Gold Cobra Stripes!

B)

Edited by Ira

On my limited budget, finding the Deal's Z-28 might be a problem. I'm tempted to just go ahead and rough it out with sheet stock and Bondo. I have plenty of AMT '69 Corvair bodies to play with, including more than a few damaged glue bombs ripe for the cutting.

I've seen the blown '64 Monza Spyder in the photo above online and have downloaded about half a dozen pics of the car for future reference. This car was my inspiration forone I'm building for the "Vintage Racing" (or whatever it's called) CBP. Nobody actually raced a car like that that I know of, but it definitely could have been done. Mine will be based on the '69 model, backdated to a '66, with a straight axle up front.

Looking forward to seeing your "69!

You should be able to do a Great job with plastic & putty.

I have found a few Deals Wheels "Builder" kits on Ebay for $10 to $15 including shipping...

• 2 weeks later...

GOT SOME PAINT!!!

I Finished the Body Work and appllied some White Primer.

After the Primer dried I sanded it Smooth and then applied a couple of coats of Testors Diamond Dust Lacquer!

DSCN4517R.jpg

:D

Edited by Ira