Model Cars Magazine Forum

'61 RAMCHERO! ..... Deals Wheels Style Ford Pick-Up! 5-11-12

Making a Deals Wheels Interior!!!

I've done a few Deals Wheels Conversions and I have found an easy way to make a new interior that fits after the body modifications.

First I cut off the interior at 3/8" to 1/2", just measured and cut with a Cut-Off Wheel in a Dremel Tool.

DSCN4564R.jpg

Next I shortened the interior the same amount as the cab, 1/2".

DSCN4569R.jpg

Test Fit the Dash. I was hoping there would be enough room for the seat back...there wasn't...

DSCN4571R.jpg

End of Part 1

B)

DEALS WHEELS INTEROR - Part 2!!!

Not enough room for the Seat Back, so I cut it out with a Cut-Off Wheel in the Dremel Tool.

DSCN4615R.jpg

I used an old gift card instead of sheet plastic and cut out a new floorboard. Glued it in place with Zap-A-Gap, Green Label.

DSCN4616R.jpg

Then I painted it Flat Black...

DSCN4628R.jpg

Plenty of room for a Driver & Stuff Now!

Great job with the Ranchero so far. I like the color, and stripes fit perfectly on that body. That interior work is amazing too. Can't wait to see more of this build, it's coming along nice.

Thanks for the kind comments Niko!

:)

LOL this thing is sweet! It's an insane ammount of bodywork (as usual) and you gotta smile when you see it. It looks like a driveable Zinger.

I have a theory on how this project was concieved:

We find Ira clearing his mind after his Starfire build and he decides to relax in the model room. He's thinking of a custom Ranchero so he gets out some old magazines, the ones he stumbles on just happen to be a Car Toons and an old Hot Rod featuring Zingers. On the TV is an episode of Speed Buggy. The wheels start turning then BAM!!!! :blink:

LOL this thing is sweet! It's an insane ammount of bodywork (as usual) and you gotta smile when you see it. It looks like a driveable Zinger.

I have a theory on how this project was concieved:

We find Ira clearing his mind after his Starfire build and he decides to relax in the model room. He's thinking of a custom Ranchero so he gets out some old magazines, the ones he stumbles on just happen to be a Car Toons and an old Hot Rod featuring Zingers. On the TV is an episode of Speed Buggy. The wheels start turning then BAM!!!! :blink:

Yeah, that's about the way it happened.... B)