Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fred Lorenzen barn find Nascar

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It started out all pristine snowy white 1966 Ford Galaxie. Then the decals were brittle, broken and tearing apart so I turned it into a barn find junker. It's a work in progress.

HPIM1015.jpg

HPIM1014.jpg

HPIM1013.jpg

HPIM1012.jpg

HPIM1011.jpg

HPIM1010.jpg

HPIM1009.jpg

Posted · Report post

Cool, silk purse-sow's ear deal. I like the diorama backround and the jackstands. Did you build them or were they in a kit?

Posted · Report post

Cool, silk purse-sow's ear deal. I like the diorama backround and the jackstands. Did you build them or were they in a kit?

I scratchbuilt the garage here's the link to it. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54044

The jackstands came out of a 1/24 scale diecast Nascar pit accessories pack.

Posted · Report post

I also built a #28 Fred Lorenzen 1966 Nascar stocker. It wasn't until I finished it... that I discovered some internet information that said that the 1965 Galaxie was the last model year he raced!

I'm not a great Vintage Nascar "know it all", so I would be interested to know if he did actually race a 1966 model Galaxie?

Tony

Posted · Report post

I also built a #28 Fred Lorenzen 1966 Nascar stocker. It wasn't until I finished it... that I discovered some internet information that said that the 1965 Galaxie was the last model year he raced!

I'm not a great Vintage Nascar "know it all", so I would be interested to know if he did actually race a 1966 model Galaxie?

Tony

Did a wikipedia search and came up with this. He drove until he retired in 1967 but came back in 1970 with his last start in 1972.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Lorenzen

Posted · Report post

Congratulations on the great photos.

Posted · Report post

That is a nice looking display,

Posted · Report post

Is that 55 gal drum full of scrap metal...? That is really cool. Nice idea after the decal problem.

Posted · Report post

Very cool! Fred Lorenzen lived in Elmhurst, IL and worked out of a pretty small garage. We used to ride our bicycles over there every once in a while.