Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the story behind your user name/avatar?

The JM in my screen name is just stands for Josh M. The 485 has a bit of a longer history. Back when I was around 3 or 4 years old, my dad tried to get me into BMX racing, and that was the number the league gave me. I never caught on to racing until I was 8, but the number stuck and I have been using it on everything since.

The avatar is a picture of me at the starting line of a hillclimb. They have us start in front of a hill and you race to time to the top, and that photo was taken when I was on the line warming up the bike. I think it was from the April 2012 race.

Well, the name came about when I was at the Drags and a friend of mine came up and accidentally combined Ed Big Daddy Roth with Rat Fink! I was wearing a Rat Fink shirt and he was trying to be a smart acre! So he blurted out "Hey, Daddy Fink!" Yeah, I gave him all kinds of grief over that!!

The picture if of Legendary Mexican Singer Pedro Infante which was my late fathers favorite singer. And he is one cool looking cat!

It's an amalgamation of my first name and the first syllable of my last name; add the "ed" and it equals a state of mind in which I could often be found a few years ago(seriously). My avatar = the acronym for the club to which I belong on a tag for the state in which I can now be found.

My name was something my parents came up with. My original name I used on forums was my AOL screen name modlcitizn from back when they limited names to 10 characters. I still have that email address!

My avatar is my '55 Chevy Christmas Tree truck I built back in the early 1990s, still one of my favorite models!

Impcon is my wife's idea as an abbreviation for Impala convertible and as my avatar is a '59 Chevy wagon, you can imagine what my favorite Impala convertible is. I was asked once by a friend what would be the ultimate car if I could pick one and it was at that moment that I realized how blessed I am to actually own my all time favorite car - a virtually rust free, Snowcrest White with red interior, 348 powered '59 Impala convertible. The car was given to me by my parents in 1972 as a birthday present and I still and always will own it until I leave this world. My love of the '59 goes back to my dad's Snowcrest White '59 Brookwood four door wagon that he bought brand new and I have a real 1:1 that I plan one day on redoing to resemble Dad's. It's all about dreams, isn't it? Some come true and some do not nut if we quit dreaming, then it's all over. Just my two cents worth. :D:D:D

Ok here goes. I used to play "The Sims" (90's) Back then i owned a construction company and i really liked being able to build houses with no limits (Much like modeling) So i came up with an alter ego of the Panda (Cute little cuddley bear) except that my life was in total ruins so, i bore the stage name of "Pandamonium" Total kaos spelled wrong, which was where i felt like i was at the time....

Hence: (Panda monium)

The charicture of "Butters" lives in this world all the time...So i relate to him, or he closely resembles my nature...God will decide final outcome!

Edited by pandamonium2112

Mine is pretty easy... I like Drag Racing,from Stock classes to Top Fuel. I was lucky enough when I was younger to have crewed for a couple different local racers,a Fuel Altered, an Alcahol Dragster and then a Top Fuel Dragster.I did a lot of street racing back in the day, got in a lot of trouble, had a lot of tickets, Amazed I still alive. Thank God !

My user name is the year / model of my daily driver , a 1972 (Dodge) Coronet .

My present avatar , as of 14-12-2012 @ 2323 HRS , is the promotional poster for the ill-fated Andy Warhol's Exploding Plastic Inevitable show at The Trip (a long-defunct club in Hollywood , Ca. , a couple of blocks west of the Whiskey a Go-Go) in May 1966 with the Velvet Underground & Nico

( my all-time favourite Rock band from New York ).

http://youtu.be/AwzaifhSw2c

My user name: I'm a pastor so the "rev" is for Reverend (Rev.) and shag is from an old nickname as in Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. My appetite used to resemble Shaggy's. :D

My avatar is the 2010 movie version of the A-Team van. I put it up as motivation as that is my current project.

Chris

My user name is my nickname Hooter (used to hoot like a hoot owl when I was a baby ha ha), the ville comes from my town of McAlisterville, PA, people in my town used to always say this is Hooters town so everyone started calling me Hooterville and the 75 is my favorite number. I dont have an avatar because I was too lazy to find a photo when I created the name upon registering and havent thought about going back to do it since lol. I need to get around to that here sometime real soon.

Due to my bulk and prolific "fur", I have gone through life with nicknames such as Bear and Grizzly. These just seemed too cliched and obvious. Then I hit upon Richard Adams novel, Shardik. The title character is an enormous bear, feared and revered as a demigod. Steven King also borrowed this character for his dark tower series for his giant robotic bear guardian.

My avatar is a self portrait.

12-15-12: Since I am not, in fact, a '40 Ford Super Deluxe coupe I thought I should explain that I changed my avatar after my original post. It's a picture I took at the Hot Rods Forever show earlier this year.

If I were a car though...

When I got on the interwebs in 1996 I was using the TV interface device known as WebTV. I tried to pick a name from one of my favorite GI Joe charachters, Zartan! (that name is unavailable) Uh, ok. I tried his brothers name, Zandar (that name is unavailable). Well, whats next? His sister, Zarana@webtvdotnet! (accepted!) I got somewhat well know in the GI Joe online community at the time, so the name stuck. When I got a computer, I tried to get a Yahoomail account, It wouldn't accept Zarana, so I became known as Zarana-X. Avatar is currently a pin-up drawing of Zarana.

Edited by Zarana-X