Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nationwide Impala build conversion

martinfan5

Not making as much progress as I thought I would be making, I switch to using bondo, and its drying time is a little longer then the putty I was using , I should be able to start shaping the nose soon, I also think I need to add a little more length on the nose at the bottom.

And I am trying to reshape the rear quater panel area and windows as well.

p1-14.jpg

p2-14.jpg

p3-12.jpg

i like this. i dont have half of the talent you have but i really wish they would release some new cars for us nascar fans. i am so sick of building 1990's chassis with mildly updated bodies.

I agree 100%, I have been making my Cup COT cars out of the 2003-2005 bodys, I wont use the AMT COT as the decals I get are made for 1/24th scale.

Here is a little more of what I got done, I am doing two of these at the same time, you can see the nose is kinda of taking shape a little, its not close but, its a starting point , I am going to make Nationwide Impala version headlights and grill templates to help with shaping the front .

p1-15.jpg

p2-15.jpg