Model Cars Magazine Forum

daisy mags

cool thanks bridgebuster i knew i seen them some were befor and thanks for the extra mikemodeler - i prefer plastic as i havent worked much with resin ?? but they will work for willys and i can cut on the ones i have for 55 thanks agin - i love this place quick and fast answers.

a/gass,

The resin wheels from The Modelhaus that are plated are pretty much ready to install right from the package. The unplated ones will need the usual resin prep work.

They offer them in standard and deep offset. They scale out to a 15 inch wheel. The ones in the 66 Revell Chevelle wagon scale out a bit larger-closer to an 17/18 inch wheel.

i was just diggin through modelhaus??? i cant find mags? i found some other cool rims im lookin for - and yes i would like to find front's and back's to do two lane 55 chevy as the amt 63 impala only has what looks to be 8 inch wide rims?and i need 7 and 10 inch rims - the DCC's are the same as i have that are great for willys? but need to be less deep for front and more deep for rear of 55 chevy - and i can stand a few more for a 37 chevy build i have going (i only have 4 new ones and 2 junk ones lol)thanks much to all.

I've only seen two done in scale I would call accurate, or at least true to the 1:1 American 200-S wheels. The 1/16 AMT '64.5 Mustang kit has the nicest set, by far, and there's a set of very deep 14" wheels by either AMT or MPC which are nice, too.

All of the other wheels in scale have an incorrect spoke shape, which is very distinct on the 1:1 wheels. The Monogram '57 Chevy spokes are too flat on the spoke edges, the 14" AMT spokes are too short and chubby, and even the 1/8 scale Monogram spokes aren't quite right.

I will PM you, Mike, as I have some deeper (10" or so) versions available, like so, and can make some narrower ones, too:

th_200S2.jpg

In my opinion, the best big & little 1/25 Daisy wheels (aka 200-S) are in the Revell diecast-bodied Fast & Furious '70 Charger kit. Might be tough to find, but worth it if you want them. Chck the Fotki link in my signature - I used those wheels on my '68 Firebird build. HTH.

Oh man, am I familiar with this topic!!!!! Years ago, before all the resin companies were around, a buddy and I were begging for some 200S (or Daisey) mags! He wanted to build a model of his 63 Vette that had them on it (1:1) and the only one we could find was on the rear of the Monogram "Badman" Chevy kit. I think it only had that wheel on one side in the rear and a regular Cragar type five spoke on the other? I always thought that was weird.