Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Racing Slicks

I would like to build some sportsman drag race cars. I know that American Satco ([http://www.americansatco.com/]) has some super stock slicks. I was wondering if anyone has a list of other available slicks?

I tried some of the Staco slicks on a 98 Firebird and they are just a little too wide. I would like to replicate a car running in one of the stock categories without narrowing the rear chassis. Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Based on my experience trying to use any of the stock car tires as slicks only works on maybe a front wheel drive tuner/sport compact racer. Otherwise they are a little short.

Slicks for a "Stock" classified car for todays generation is tough to find. You can try some of the aftermarket companies such as Perry's resin or Compresins for something different but you may have to settle for some narrow slicks from kits from the past such as the Lindberg 64 Dodges or something like that.

One other solution that would work (and I have tried this before with success) is to take a treaded tire that fits the size you are looking for and sand off all of the tread. For example, if you can find two of the left rear racing tires from any Revell-Monogram sprint car kits and sand down the tread they will work well or if you even need to go smaller then the two front tires from any of the same kits would work as well. The front tires from a sprint car kit actually already make for good cheater slicks because they only have two or three straight tread lines in them.

Hopefully this helps you with your search.

• 2 months later...

the only slicks i know of that are aproximately 7 inches are from revell 67 dodge charger but the wheels are bigger than you standard 1/25 scale 15 inch. i have a set in my parts box if you want them but no wheels too fit.

Edited by Robert81

• 1 month later...