Model Cars Magazine Forum

1954 Chev Sedan Delivery

gautreau

Started this build last night.I'm not a 100% sure on what direction I'm going to take on this build.But,one thing for sure it will be low.

1954DeliveryBuildUp1.jpg

1954DeliveryBuildUp2.jpg

I cut the rear door open.I will probably be cutting the front doors open aswell but I haven't decided which way they will open yet.The black line you see are the mold lines that I marked that I need to remove.

1954DeliveryBuildUp3.jpg

Any opinions on what direction I should got with this build will be considered.

Thanx for lookin'

Jeremy.

I like this, Kinda close to my 1950 chevy air bagged custom, i think they are the same rims too. I would do air ride and leave the body mostly stock, no trim or badges but nice clean bumpers. I would even put a filler panel or what ever they are called half way down in the back fender opening. Going to watch this build come together.

I love the way this thing looks, I'm personally a suicide guy myself, how did u go about cutting the doors off? It's clean.

Thanx I appreciate that.To cut the doors open I used the slow tedious process off using the back of a #11 xacto blade and then cleaning it up with various sanding sticks.

like the way this is coming out so far, I am also from Alberta, Edmonton to be exact. Do you pay attention to clubs or shows around here? i cant find no info.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure on clubs or shows around the Alberta area although I have been watching for info on them.I know there are clubs in the Edmonton area though.Check with some of the numerous shops there and they should be able to get you contact info for one.

Edited by gautreau

Thanx for the comps and suggestions fellas.I'm going to go suicide with the doors.Color wise I'm not sure on the candy red.I did a 53 hardtop candy red with a black roof not to long ago so I might go the candy route but not red as of yet.

I should have updates soon on progress I'm going to start hinging the delivery tonight.Had a little bit of a set back.The rocker panels under the doors snapped off while I was sanding the door openings.I had to reinforce the rockers.So hopefully I should have hinged up pic tonight or tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Honestly I'm not 100% sure on clubs or shows around the Alberta area although I have been watching for info on them.I know there are clubs in the Edmonton area though.Check with some of the numerous shops there and they should be able to get you contact info for one.

Thanks i will do that, ride looks sick, keep up the good work.